Part 6:

John cleared his throat.

"Ahem, okay, show's over, move along everybody."

The group, who had been gawking at John and Sera's little exchange, akwardly looked away.

Isen discreetly put his phone back into his pocket.

Remi leaned over towards Isen and whispered, "Who knew John had an ability? It's kind of crazy that he hid it from the rest of us, eh?" Isen turned pale, and Remi looked up and frowned. "Isen, are you alright? You look a little pale."

"I-I'm fine Remi. But anyway, maybe there's a reason why John hid his ability." Isen said uneasily. "I don't know, maybe we shouldn't be poking around other people's business."

Remi sighed. "You're right. I hope Sera is okay. Just imagine the shock that she's going through-- to think that someone she trusted so much was hiding such a big secret from her."

Swallowing hard, Isen nodded his head in agreement. Oh Remi, if only if you knew... He thought to himself in shame as he flashed back to John's old transcript.

The group fell back silent as the conversations slowly died out.

Suddenly, Arlo sniffed the air. "Hey, does anyone else smell that?"

"Wha-- HOW DID YOU KNOW I JUST DROPPED A BOMB???!!" John's eyes widened in horror as he knew he was busted.

"Erm no, that's not what I meant."

"Ohhhh, so that's why it suddenly smelled like Taco Bowl's bathroom during rush hour," Isen piped up.

"Ya'll are gross," Blyke said, wrinkling his nose and waving the air in front of his face.

Suddenly, Isen noticed something off in the distance. Activating his ability, he saw something in the air. Smoke...?

"Hey, do you all see that up there?" Isen said, pointing at the edge of the horizon.

Shading her eyes, Remi guided her eyes towards what Isen was pointing at. "What, you mean that pointy rock that sort of looks like a hat?" She asked, cocking her head.

"Yeah that thing. There's smoke coming out of it."

John activated his ability and used Isen's ability to observe the rock. "Are you sure that's a rock? It looks more like a hut or something to me."

Exchanging looks with each other, they all made a mad dash towards the hut without a single sign of hesitation.

-

-

-

-

-

-

I lied. Not everyone is that stupid.

Arlo stalled for a moment, looking at the hut doubtfully. "Why would someone build a house in the middle of nowhere, of all places?"

Sera hesitated too. "Just for once, I agree with Arlo. What if it's a trap to lure in lost travelers or something?"

Alas, their voices were lost in the wind. Seeing the rest of the group compulsively rushing towards the little hut, they sighed. Rolling their eyes, they ran to catch up to the group.

Sera crossed her arms as she approached the building. "Still looks suspicious."

"Agreed," Arlo said, looking around.

They walked up to the front porch cautiously. John carefully reached out his hand to knock on the door, but to their surprise, the door was unlocked. They heard rowdy, jubilant sounds coming from inside, and John gently pushed open the door.

A bell tinkled from above and they found a group of people drinking from beer mugs, eating, and laughing. As John & Co. stared at the warm welcome sight, a soft voice rang out.

"Oh? Customers at this time? How unexpected. Welcome to the Boar's Hat," she said, smiling.

The group awkwardly shuffled to a table. A lean muscular man in a red leather suit leaned over the counter top. "Hey capt'n, shouldn't we be closing for the night? There aren't any customers anyway," he said, yawning. "I wanna have a drink."

"Mmmm, no," a short kid with messy blonde hair said, crossing his arms. He nodded at the now-occupied table. "Those are customers too, so get to work," he said, pushing the older man gently towards the stove. "Shoo, shoo, you lazy bum."

Arlo crossed his arms. "Great guys. We've stumbled into a bar. How are we going to pay if we're ordering something to eat? I don't suppose you have some gold coins lying around," he said, rolling his eyes.

John fumbled around, searching his pockets. "Surely they accept credit and debit cards, right?" He asked, dumping out the contents of his wallet.

Arlo sighed. Of all people to be stuck with, why do I have to be stuck with these people??? He grumbled to himself silently.

A/N: I'm Arlo whenever I'm in a group project uwu

Also, you're welcome for the extra long chapter tonight :)