Part 1:

It was a bright and sunny day. The birds were chirping, the trees were rustling-- it was a picture perfect scene.

Perfect for a date.

Not just any date, John Doe thought to himself as he smoothed back his raven black hair with gel. For some reason, his gel had been disappearing lately without warning. He had only managed to grab this one from the store a couple hours earlier, and he already had multiple sabotage attempts by strangers (mostly creepy female stalkers) whom he had never seen before in his life.

Ahem. Anyway, it was a date. This was it. This was the day where he could finally take Sera to the best mall in the area to get lots of delicious food, the best bubble tea out there, and oh, maybe even confess to Sera his secret undying love for her?

*cue le perverted thoughts coming from John*

No, no, what am I thinking??? Begone, tainted thoughts, may the power of hair gel compel you!! He thought, waving those NSFW thoughts away with his greasy hands.

He patted his cheeks lightly a couple of times and checked himself in the mirror one last time.

Oh! I almost forgot~

He reached into his hair and gently teased out some hair from the greasy mass. He then proceeded to mold it slightly into an 'L' shape. Leaning back, he struck a pose and nodded with with a satisfied smile.

Perfect!

He glanced at his watch and his heart dropped.

Crap! I'm late!!! D:

*cue le time skip brought to you by John's hair gel*

"Hey, you're late, slow poke."

A girl with blue eyes and purple hair with yellow highlights stood outside of the mall and crossed her arms as John jogged to catch up with her.

"Sorry Sera! The bus was late! Anyway, where do you want to go?"

(That was actually a lie. He was so absorbed on making his hair perfect that he accidentally ended up staying in the bathroom for over an hour)

"Pffft-- did you spend an hour on your hair again?" She asked, raising her eyebrows suspiciously.

"N-no, not at all!" A couple sweat drops began to form as John smiled awkwardly. "Alright, fine, you got me. I just couldn't resist going all-out because the gel was on sale today, and you know how my hair gel always randomly disappears."

"Yeah yeah, excuses excuses," Sera replied, smugly smiling.

"C'mon, it was only this time."

"Mhm, then what about that one time..."

Chatting and laughing, the duo set off towards the mall.

"Hey, look Sera! Woaba Boba released a new flavor!"

John pointed at the ad near the store and dragged Sera over. Distracted by the delicious looking ad, he accidentally bonked into a very grumpy-looking blonde boy.

"Hmm, looks good. Let's go," Sera replied after looking at the description, "I could go for something col..." She stopped, seeing John in hot water with Arlo.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking at where I was going," John said, rubbing his head. Jesus, is his face made of steel or something?

"It's fine. Just look where you're going the next t--" Arlo paused, recognizing John, "--ime. Got it?"

Arlo groaned internally. Oh no, it's that cripple boy that always hangs around Sera.

"No no, I must apologize. Lemme get you something to drink. My treat!" John said, grabbing Arlo's hand as Arlo tried to escape.

"No, I have some really important business matters," Arlo began, but unfortunately for him, they were already in the shop. He sighed. "Alright, fine."

As the three teens stepped into the shop, they suddenly ran into a familiar trio bickering at a nearby table...

A/N: Hm hm hm, wonder who they could be ;)