Part 3:

John looked back again.

"What's wrong?" Sera asked, noting John's expression.

"Oh, it's nothing."

Sera raised her eyebrow at John suspiciously and kept on walking.

A while later, Remi suddenly stopped walking and stared in front of her.

"Huh? You okay Remi?" Blyke asked, seeing Remi's unusually unreadable expression.

There was a moment of awkward silence as everyone stared at her.

"There's a circuit floating in the air."

As soon as she said this, the air around Remi rippled with electrical energy. She lunged forward and her fist connected with an invisible object, blasting it into a nearby wall. Blood dripped down onto the floor as the invisible perpetrator scrambled to get away, but Sera got to him first. Arlo summoned a barrier between Sera and the rest of the group as Sera began to interrogate him.

Holding the man by the collar, she frowned. He looked vaguely familiar, but his face, which was now swelling up, made it hard to tell.

Eh whatever, she thought, It doesn't matter anyway.

Sera slammed the person into the wall. "What do you want with us?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. The man didn't answer. "Speak!"

He chuckled. "You shouldn't be so cocky."

A strange sensation suddenly hit her body. Startled, Sera dropped the man in surprise as her legs felt like jelly.

John's eyes widened. "Sera! Behind you!"

???!

Another man who had appeared from behind grabbed Sera by the arm and stabbed a needle into her neck.

At the same time, a dozen masked attackers swarmed the area, attacking Blyke, Isen, Arlo, and Remi.

A decoy...? What the hell is going on?! Sera thought as she stared at the needle. WHAT IS HAPPENING???

Regaining her senses, Sera pushed away the man, but it was already too late. The injection was complete and the man dropped the empty syringe onto the floor triumphantly. Before she could react, the man lunged in again and stabbed her in the stomach.

"SERAAA!!!!!" John yelled as he ran towards her.

"Silence."

He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder as another attacker materialized behind him and pinned him down.

"Ugh...!"

John looked at Sera helplessly and struggled in vain.

Am I going to lose another friend...? Why...? Why is this happening to me...?

He squeezed his eyes shut.

More importantly, why am I like this?

His inner demons began to haunt him again. Claire flashed through his mind. His bitter resolve to never take advantage of his powers flashed through his mind. Most of all, the ghastly sight of the blood-stained grass and the students who laid before him on the ground flashed through his mind.

I don't want Sera to know the real me.

The monster me.

The tyrant me.

The blood-stained me.

He felt completely helpless. He swirled around in an ocean full of self-doubt and self-hatred. Deeper and deeper he went, choking on his emotions and drowning in the memories of his past. He closed his eyes in defeat as he let the ocean slowly drown out everything else.

...

...

...

I don't want to lose another friend.

The sight of Sera laying dead at his feet flashed through his mind. He opened his eyes, emitting a soft golden glow.

No. I won't allow it.

A/N: Just beat them up already