Chapter 49: "Rest and Relaxation"

Start from the beginning

You clicked your tongue, prying yourself from Papyrus' arms. "I suppose you're right, but I certainly didn't want to think about that." You spoke, huffing. "shit, right. sorry." Papyrus replied.

"Anyway," Maia started, her green eyes piercing through you. "Care to explain why 1. you're wearing Papyrus' hoodie in that photo, and 2. why you two were spooning?" She crossed her arms as she leaned on one hip. A smirk formed across her lips as she looked toward you and Papyrus.

Papyrus blushed a faint orange and you couldn't help but blush as well. You coughed, scratching the back of your neck. "Well..." You started, not sure how to phrase the explanation. "You know how Papyrus asked me to drop things off yesterday?" You asked. Maia grinned wider. "Yes?"

"Well... When I got there, he seemed to be gone and I saw his hoodie and wanted to try it on... Uh, so I did but he walked in and uhhh..." You blushed, remembering the moment.

"i snogged 'er." Papyrus spoke nonchalantly and Maia froze, her eyes becoming wide. Pretty quickly she recovered from her initial shock and started shaking her fists with excitement. "Holy crap!" She gasped, suddenly smiling and clapping her hands. "Why didn't you tell me that you two are a thing now?!" She asked you urgently. "We were going to wait and make it a surprise, but I guess this damn newspaper may have ruined that." You replied, crossing your arms again.

Papyrus threw his arm around your shoulder. "ey, it's good, kiddo. they're sneaky, they woulda found out anyways." He commented. You sighed, then nodded. "I suppose you're right... But—" You started, but Papyrus quickly cut you off. "no buts. everything's a-ok." He replied.

You lowered your head in defeat and shook it a bit. "Right, sorry... Now, what time is it?" You asked, looking to the side and grabbing your phone off of your nightstand. You clicked the power button and instantly froze when you saw the time. 11:06 AM.

"Oh, shit! I'm late for work!" You gasp as you spring out of bed, running to your closet. "Muffet came by this morning. She said that she had watched everything go down last night. So, she gave you the day off." Maia suddenly replied. You froze as you rummaged through the clothing in your closet, then you slowly turned to face her. "Really?" You asked and Maia nodded. "That woman needs to be a bit meaner or something, I feel so bad that I keep getting so many days off, damn." You sighed, shaking your head. "I mean, it's already busy enough with two people working... I don't know why she willingly does it with one." You continued.

"muffet is used ta workin' alone, and even if she looks pretty intimidating, she's really nice and understandin' deep down. don't feel bad for what she decides to do, (y/n).  you had no say in that decision." Papyrus commented. "Exactly! And if you wanna make it up to her, you can work some extra hours sometime." Maia added. You ran a hand through your hair, then shrugged. "I suppose you two are right. I'm gonna go take a shower though, okay?" You replied, taking a black shirt with vertical white stripes on it from your closest. You then walked to your dresser and pulled out a bra, underwear, and a pair of bluejeans. Though, you hid the undergarments under the jeans so Papyrus couldn't see them.

"Gotcha! Donuts and coffee will await us when you get out." Maia smiled, leaning on one hip. "Oh, that's dope! Thanks!" You replied, smiling back as you turned your gaze to Papyrus. His eyes were locked on your lower half and you blushed, coughing to get his attention. He instantly looked up at your face, slowly turning orange as he realized he'd been caught. "uhhh- eh-e-enjoy your shower honey..." He spoke bashfully. "Thanks, Pap. I'll be back in a jiffy!" You replied, then winked at him as you rushed into the bathroom to properly clean yourself.

---------------------------------------------

Within 20 minutes, you had showered, gotten dressed, brushed your (h\l) (h\c) hair, and brushed your teeth. And, now that you have everything done, you grab your phone and walk through your bedroom door into the living room.