Chapter 13: "Reassurance"

You took a deep breath and thought over your words carefully, "Hey, Papyrus... It's (Y\N)." You spoke with a sigh.

"oh, heya kiddo. what's up?" He asked you curiously.

"Well, I hope you don't mind but... I really needed someone to talk to." You replied as you tried to keep your crying unnoticeable.

"i don't mind whatsoever, you okay, (y/n)?" Papyrus asked, you could hear the worry in his voice.

You sighed and sniffed, you wiped the tears dripping down your face away and tried to fight back the army of tears forming in your eyes.

"To be honest, no I'm not." You replied with a sad sigh.

"(y/n), are you crying? what happened?" He asked you worriedly.

"Y-yeah I kinda am c-crying, hah..." You stuttered out.

You gripped the fabric of your shorts and sighed before you continued on.

"I-I ...uh... I lost two of my best friends today. They were the friends that dragged me to the monster protests and such..." You told him quietly.

"what happened? did they see that you got a job at muffet's?" He asked you sympathetically.

"N-no, one of them said something rude about monsters and I kinda snapped at her and we got in an argument." You replied as you gripped your jean shorts tighter.

"oh, kiddo... i-" He started before you cut him off.

"We left each other after a heated argument and my friend told our other friend about our fight... She called me up on the phone and we argued as well and it ended in our friendships all being shattered completely " You explained with a sad sigh.

You cried softly and tried to calm yourself down, you wanted to have some confirmation that what you had done was the right thing to do. You wiped the tears from your eyes and let out another shaky sigh.

"kiddo, they didn't deserve your friendship. if they couldn't accept that you had a different opinion, they had no right to be your friend." Papyrus commented.

"But did I do the right thing? I just lost two of my good friends and I honestly don't know how to react." You replied sadly.

"yes, you did the right thing. you stood up for what you believed and if they couldn't respect that, then they really didn't deserve you." Papyrus responded kindly.

You let out a quiet sob and Papyrus could be heard sighing, "please don't cry, kiddo. everything will get better soon, i promise, okay?" he told you reassuringly.

"But what if it isn't? What if they become biased against me and use me as examples in their anti-monster campaigns?" You asked him worriedly, your tone of voice must sound absolutely pitiful to the tall skeleton.

"then i suppose you'd know how it feels." He remarked.

"Wait, have you been used as an example in presentations before?" You asked him as you cocked your head to one side.

"yup, they even had the nerve to photoshop me with red eyelights and long, sharp fangs." He replied.

"Aw geez, that's terrible! Did you confront them about it?" You asked him quietly.

"even if i had, the mob of protestors probably would've mauled me before i could even explain what i was doing." He responded with a sigh.

"That really makes me mad, you are so kind and those protestors just treat you like a murderer." You told him while running your hand through your hair.