Chapter 7: "The Brothers"

You did end up taking that nap you wanted, when you awoke from your slumber you realized you forgot to set an alarm. You reached for your phone in a panic and looked at the time, it was twenty minutes before you had to leave. You quickly sprang up and ran to get ready, you brushed your hair, brushed your teeth, fixed your hair and ran to get your bag.

You grabbed your phone, keys, wallet and some pepper spray you had remembered you had stashed in your junk drawer and walked to your back door. You opened it and walked down the back stairs.

As soon as your feet met the asphalt, you began making your trek to Sans' house. It wasn't too bad of a walk, the breeze was nice and cooled down the warm summer evening.

Your walk ended up being very pleasant, no creeps jogged beside you or flirted with you. It was just you and that was great. Eventually, you made it to Sans' street and walked until you saw his address. Their house was just as gorgeous as you remembered, white siding and a gray shingle roof. It had a painted white porch with wind chimes hanging from a hook on the far corner. Surrounding the house were blue and orange flowers, the colors were bright and vibrant. They made you feel welcome at their doorstep.

You walked up the stairs to the front door, you stood there in silence. You were too afraid to ring the doorbell or knock on the door. What could possibly happen tonight? You'd try to leave as quickly as possible, no reason to stay a long time anyway.

You took a deep breath and rung the doorbell, it was only a few seconds before the door began to open. To your surprise it wasn't Sans who opened the door, it was Papyrus. You had never realized how tall he was before, he absolutely towered over you. He once again was wearing the same orange hoodie and the same cargo shorts, did he ever change?

"heya kiddo, i guess you're here for my bro's tacos?" He asked as he looked down at you.

"Yeah, that's right." You replied nervously.

"well, come on in." He replied as he stepped to the side of the door so you could walk past.

You walked inside and looked around, on a table near the door sat a small fish tank with three goldfish in it. On the left side of the room sat a green couch, a recliner, a few side tables, a TV and a coffee table. On the walls about a dozen framed pictures hung scattered about. They seemed to all be of Sans, Papyrus and their monster friends.

"You two have a nice place," You remarked.

"heh, thanks." Papyrus replied as he pulled a toothpick out of his pocket and placed it in his mouth.

"OH, HELLO HUMAN!" Sans exclaimed as he peeked his skull around the corner.

"Hello, Sans." You responded with a nod.

He run over and pulled you into a hug which made you stiffen up in surprise. "THANK YOU FOR COMING!" He exclaimed excitedly.

He pulled away from the hug, the irises in his eye sockets had stars as he clapped his bony hands together happily. Papyrus let out a throaty chuckle as he chewed on the toothpick in his mouth.

"It's no problem?" You responded with a hint of surprise in your voice.

"OH! I THINK I SMELL THE MEAT BURNING.... YOU AND PAPYRUS TALK, I'LL BE IN THE KITCHEN... HAVE FUN!" Sans spoke frantically as he ran into the kitchen.

You looked over at the tall skeleton and he looked back at you, you could feel the tension between the both of you. He sighed and walked over to the green couch, he flopped down on one side leaving room for you to sit.

You stood there for a few seconds before you made your way over to the couch and sat down neatly.

Papyrus was sprawled on the couch lazily, he took the toothpick out of his mouth and thew it into a trashcan across the room.