Chapter 33: "The Companions"

The twelve minutes hanging out with Papyrus went by way too fast, in fact, before you knew it, your time was up and you had to get back to work. So, you stood up sadly and held your hands behind your back. "I am very sorry, but I gotta get back to the register now. As always, it was fantastic talking to you and I look forward to seeing you again later!" You told him suddenly and he frowned. "already? ah, that sucks." Papyrus replied as he stood up from his chair, walking closer. "i gotta agree with ya. it's always cool talkin' to ya and hangin' out." Papyrus responded and you smiled in response, nodding.

"We should hang out more often, to be honest, it seems like we never get one on one Papyrus and (Y\N) time... We should totally just have a night to watch movies together and get to know each other better." You suggested and he nodded. "i agree, we're almost always with other people. some alone time with ya would be cool." He replied.

"Well, we're gonna have to schedule that someday then!" You remarked and he nodded. "welp, i don't wanna hold ya up. ciao, kiddo." Papyrus spoke after a short silence and you raised an eyebrow. "Did you think that you were gonna escape a hug?" You asked mischievously and he snorted. "nah, i was hopin' ya would ask tibia honest." He responded as he held out his arms.

You couldn't help but smirk as you glided straight into his arms, giving him a big bear hug. His arms wrapped around you tightly and you smiled, your head pressed against his soft orange hoodie. And even if you can't see it, you have a feeling Papyrus is smiling as well. And you're correct about that, because he has the biggest smile that a skeleton can possibly muster plastered onto his skull.

Soon the bell on the door rings, signalling that someone has walked into the store. But, the footsteps don't continue and you hear slight snickering, so you break the hug and look over to see Maia standing by the door. "What's sweeter, the honey or the hun, Papyrus?" She asked and you facepalmed. Well, this is very awkward. Especially with what happened last night.

Papyrus quickly turned and awkwardly scratched the back of his cervical vertebrae. "oh, heya maia. 'sup?" He asked and Maia grinned. "Nothing much. Just coming to visit my bestie at work." She replied and you let out a slight chuckle. "Then I'd better get back to work, talk to you later Papyrus!" You told him with a smile and he nodded, waving as you rolled back behind the counter, looking at Muffet. "Sorry Miss Muffet, I'm a few minutes late." You apologized and she dipped her head, adjusting her glasses. "That is alright, (Y\N). I understand. Just please, if you have another disagreement with anyone in the store, please take it to the back. The customers probably do not want to hear that." Muffet responded and your cheeks heated up a bit in embarrassment.

"Right, that was in public... Oops. Once again, I am really sorry. I guess I didn't think about that." You sighed and she patted your back. "That is alright deary. Now, can you man the cash register for a few minutes? I have business to attend to in the back." Muffet responded and you nodded. "Of course." You replied and she smiled. "Thank you, dear! Have fun and call me if you need any assistance!" Muffet replied as she quickly roller-skated away, going through the door that leads to the back.

You walked back to the cash register and looked up to see Maia and Papyrus talking, but as soon as she saw that you were free, she seemed to say a quick goodbye to him as she walked to you.

"Okay, so this morning I woke up and I had forgotten that you were going to work, so I started freaking out. I thought you'd been kidnapped! But, then I remembered and I decided to come get breakfast before I head out for the day!" Maia explained with a bright smile.

Bone of Contention (Underswap Papyrus X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें