Chapter 39: "Friendly Revelations"

There's not much to say about the hours following the terrible idea of drinking the wretched honey water other than the fact that it was long and uncomfortable. The pain in your stomach hadn't even completely subsided by the time you'd finally fallen asleep around 3:30 AM, but you didn't tell Maia. For all she knew, you went to bed at 1:00 AM. But, alas. You weren't able to sleep. So, you sat awake going down the wormhole of weird videos on YouTube ranging on how snails reproduce to the renowned video "Late For Meeting" by David Lewandowski.

But, eventually you fell asleep with your phone laying flat on your face. How that happened, you're not completely sure—though it's still funny nonetheless. Well, funny until your alarms went off early in the morning and scared the heck out of you.

When it happened, you jumped so fast that your phone was actually launched across your small bedroom, twisting and turning in the air until it hit the floor, alarm still going. Thank God you had a case on your phone or else, it would've been done for.

After getting your phone off the floor though, you felt the sleepiness in you and just knew you couldn't go to work, so you reluctantly called in sick again and apologized to Muffet who luckily understood your lack of sleep, sickness and pained words. After all, even though it'd been a good 6 to 7 hours or more since ingesting that poison, your stomach still felt the affects incredibly well. So, with a yawn, you climbed back into bed and fell asleep for a good, long while.

At least, until you were shaken awake. "Morning, (Y\N)!" Maia's cheery voice awoke you and you groaned, pulling your covers over yourself. "Ten more minutes—" You whined and Maia chuckled. "Come on, I got us some breakfast sandwiches!" Maia exclaimed and you groaned again. "I don't think I can eat anything yet. My stomach feels like it was flipped around itself thrice." You murmured and Maia sighed. "Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean for you to get so sick and miss work." She quickly apologized and with hesitance, you popped your head out from underneath the covers, blinking your (e\c) eyes sleepily. "No, no... Don't apologize, it's okay." You yawned. "It was gonna happen eventually." You added, slowly sitting up lazily.

"Yeah, but you said you needed to go to work last night." Maia pointed out, sitting on the side of your bed. "Yeah, I did... But I was just being anxious. I'll be okay." You reassured her gently. "Alright, good... But if you need any money, I can lend you some." Maia offered but you shook your head. "No. It's fine, Maia." You responded as you slowly climbed out of bed. "Say, what kind of sandwich?" You asked suddenly which caused her to giggle. "(f\f), that still your favorite?" She asked and you nodded. "Regrettably, yes. My stomach is wrecked but I wanna eat it so badly-" You whimpered and Maia patted you on the shoulder comfortingly. "It'll all be okay. You can eat it tomorrow. Don't strain your stomach. Just eat some saltine crackers and sip on a ginger ale." Maia spoke with a shrug and you clicked your tongue. "But I don't have either-" You began, but when you saw a grin form on Maia's face you paused. "You got me some, didn't you?" You asked and she nodded rapidly, causing you to shake your head back and forth, chuckling

"Oh, you rascal." You continued to giggle and Maia gently nudged you with her elbow. "Kay, I'll join you in a second. Lemme get dressed and brush my teeth." You responded, fighting a yawn. "Got it! I'll see ya in a minute." She replied, getting up and walking out of your room apace.

---------------------------------------------

After getting going for the day and hanging out with Maia for around an hour or more, you both plopped down on the couch and began to chat some more. But, that was soon cut off when your phone began to ring. Maia instantly paused mid sentence and you lifted your phone to be able to see the contact name. "Who is it this time?" Maia asked and you felt a smile come upon your lips. "It's Papyrus-" You murmured quietly and Maia giggled, then froze. "Did you tell him you were sick and not coming into work?" She suddenly asked and it almost felt like time froze. "Oh shit. No, I forgot... Dammit!" You gasped and she shook her head. "Answer it, he's gonna be so worried." She remarked and you nodded, answering it. "Hello?" You spoke, only to be greeted with a sigh of relief from Papyrus.