After their meal, the man had been interrogated by Tajima himself. Hanako realized that the stone the man had been talking about was indeed the same stone she had retrieved for Konoha along with Kakashi. The bandits had said the stone had special powers, but they never managed to get it to react in any way. The words the man Tajima interrogated defied her original knowledge of the stone. Indeed, it had powers.

When some people tried to free the chakra stored in the stone, a spirit possessed the emperor that ruled them and forced him to massacre his own people. The man in front of her, Kenji, was the sole survivor of the tragic event.

"I'm so sorry about what happened, it must have been terrible to witness an event like that," Hanako muttered quietly as she offered him a cup of green tea.

After the interrogation, Hanako thought it would be nice for him to feel welcomed in a place he felt uncomfortable in. Much like Amane had treated her when she suddenly appeared on that timeline, and she had no idea of anything. The difference between the two was that he had lost everything and had no reason to go back.

Everyone else went to sleep for the day, but Izuna decided to accompany them. He sat quietly beside Hanako, not even touching his cup of tea. It was going to get cold.

The man revealed extra details of the event once he wasn't any more under the pressure of Tajima's presence. Izuna wasn't any different, but at least he had his eyes closed instead of staring at him. The man described the stone, and for Hanako's relief, it was indeed the same stone she had been studying. She had enjoyed her travel to the past but at least she had found meaning in her trip. It wouldn't be in vain, if she managed to find a way to go back to her time.

"Thank you, for telling us all of this." Hanako smiled at the man.

He returned the gesture with a small nod. "It's the only way I thought of to thank you for your kindness towards me, Hanako-san."

"Uchiha-san," Izuna corrected with a glare. "You are in no place to believe yourself to stand on equal ground as us. Therefore, you may not use our first name to address any of us."

Kenji flinched and bowed his head. "I'm sorry, forgive my rudeness, Uchiha-san."

Hanako smiled sadly. "You may go rest now. You know where the spare room is?"

"Yes. Thank you." Kenji bowed again, got up slowly, and bowed again before leaving the room. Once Izuna confirmed they were alone, he glared at the girl.

"Why the hell would you offer your room to that pest?!" Izuna narrowed his eyes. "And why the hell would Amane accept?"

"Madara-jii offered Amane to stay in his room. He said he had enough space for two futons with an appropriate distance between each other." Hanako smirked. "They have gotten close lately, don't you think?"

"And what about you? Where are you going to sleep?"

Hanako shrugged, and cleaned the cups from the table. "I'll just sleep outside. It's not like I haven't camped out before."

Izuna sighed. "Are you serious? It's cold outside."

"I'll bring a warm blanket."

Izuna was losing his patience. "You can sleep in my room." He looked away. "There's also enough space for two futons."

Hanako looked at him questioningly. "Is there an appropriate distance between the two?"

"Just accept the damn offer before I change my mind."

A small laugh escaped from her. "All right. Thank you Izuna, that's really kind of you."

* * *