Chapter 61 - Gabriel POV

Start from the beginning

Wolf came within inches of me staring me in the eyes, hard, never looking away, "Tell me, does your mate, my niece have more than one wolf?" I didn't answer but that was an answer regardless.

"That other wolf, it never speaks to her, she has it, can shift into it, but still she doesn't hear it," he said knowingly and I tried to remain calm. Taking a step back, Wolf looked behind me, before connecting his gaze with mine, "we have much to discuss but your mate needs to be here for that conversation."

.

.

.

After that frightening talk with Wolf, my entire core was shaken, the people who had Chelsea knew of her power, not that she had two white wolves, but they knew pieces of what Wolf told me. Heading back inside, I forced myself to focus on getting Chelsea back and learning what we could about the Davis'.

For safety, because we weren't sure if Catalena was part of a coven, we made a hard decision to go with numbers. There weren't any packs in Port Huron, or the whole of Michigan for a matter of fact and despite efforts we were unable to find one single snapshot of Angel beside the one image she thought of herself that Molly drew.

But Jack and Casey rationalized it for me though, they had done the same thing with Chelsea, turned her into a ghost. If this Angel was another white wolf and someone knew, it'd make sense that they tried to hide her.

Still nothing came up when we searched for her, nothing, not even a missing infant, or toddler, nothing came up, making us believe that her family may have been rogues and before they could submit a child's birth certificate on the Elders registry they were killed. Wolf remained silent through the brainstorming but I could see that he had a hunch but didn't share just yet.

.

.

.

Edgy. That has never been the word anyone could use to describe me when heading into action, which we were now. That's how I was waiting for everyone to get where we had to be. Nonno and Jamie were discussing various vampires, while others just listened on but I was absent still reaching out to Chelsea, I even tried reaching out to Angel, snorting at myself when nothing came back to me. When it came down to how we would be getting to our location, Nonno and I were on the same page. I couldn't try to teleport everyone where we needed to go and I certainly couldn't try to teleport everyone in groups either. We felt that I need to conserve my energy so we would be flying. Maddening.

.

.

.

After a six hour flight because of shitty weather from LAX to a private airspace just outside Kalamazoo, Nonno, Giovanni, Jamie, David, Anton, James, Saul, Jack Mikael, Nathan, Ray, Marx and nine of his men, plus Wolf, Hunter and Doc, all got into the rentals that Remington had reserved for us.

Not sure what we were heading into, we even went as far as renting homes near the Davis'... we were sending three men to watch the parents, another three to watch Dana and Darren, Nathan and two of Marx men would be staying near town running surveillance on McKenna, Vanessa and Thayer who shared an apartment together.

The rest of us would be staying near the home of Russell since from what I could tell, that was where Angel was taken or maybe given away from.

.

.

.

While in the main house, I took a good look at the surroundings, I was sure that there were lots of undeveloped land for sale that Chelsea and our pack could relocate too if she didn't like my other plan. The state had no packs, only a few rogues but they blended in quietly, we could do that here too. Plenty of wooded areas, small town, two high schools around, and a community college nearby.

At this point if Chelsea wanted to disappear off to some deserted private island I would do it to keep her safe. I was going to get her back and this was going to be the first and last time something like this ever happened. Not only was it hard because I had lost Chelsea, you didn't lose her, she was taken! Max kept reminding me as much as possible but still she was mine to keep safe.

But still as I was saying, it was hard with Chelsea gone, but I was having a difficult time leaving Ava, it felt as though I was being pulled in different direction. We kept our plans low, letting my father, even the Elders believe we were still in California and with that trial for Logan's old pack I knew they would have their hands full.

As I scoped it all out, the peacefulness of where we were, I thought 'impossible.' That was the answer. The question? Could I trust anyone from my old pack that was just family months ago?

Things had been slowly degrading and dying, order failing and plans going to hell. Decision after decision. Mistake after fucking mistake. From the inside I couldn't fully see the errors but knew we had them, thought changing locations would be helpful but I was wrong. Now that I had left... I realized my father was a terrible Don, and an even worse Alpha. Never, with all the allies he has have we ever done what Marx, Logan, or Wolf is doing right now, no wonder everyone is out to get him... my father was selfish, and now, no one feared him and no one respected him.

I snorted loudly, Francesca. Scarlet. Madeline. Three people that went against a direct order, more disappointing is that Scarlet, his daughter went against that order to leave Chelsea alone. I was doing him a favor. He had yet to call me personally. He only spoke to Nonno, and even then it was just to give me updates of his failures. Madeline was still in his cellar, claiming she did it to protect them, the pack.

I laughed at my thoughts, getting hysterical, it was like one by one, Rian and Jays' children were being eliminated. The best thing my father could do was killing Madeline or banish her and Scarlet both, that would help him gain back some of his obviously lost respect. Not only had his child disobeyed but his Beta left the pack.

I tried to distract myself with these tedious thoughts, because I was fighting my own war, the darkness inside myself. The small part that was growing each second I couldn't find Chelsea.

Because I knew the truth, I wasn't fighting the time until they killed Chelsea, I was fighting the clock for when they realized she couldn't die. Not permanently.