Chapter Eight

My mom sat down on the couch I was sitting next to Deceit and holding his hand. My mom decided to ask him some questions. "So, Mason, or Dee, as my daughter calls you. I was wondering what you would do if my daughter were to bring home a cat or dog you didn't like what would you do?" I could tell Deceit was lost in thought.

-Deceit's POV-

(Y/N)'s mom asked what I would do if she were to bring a cat or a dog I didn't like. I imagined (Y/N) holding a puppy and a kitten beaming. She looked so happy. "I would let her keep them, if she's happy then so am I." I looked over to (Y/N) she was smiling, I loved that it felt like just seeing her brightens up my day.

"Ok, well, what if she started having a panic attack?" She asked. I remembered that one day she actually had one in front of us. I frowned and replied.

"I've had Virgil teaching me how to comfort someone who's having a panic attack, in case it happened again." I admitted.

Her mom immediately stood up and loomed over me glaring me down, "What do you mean again?!" She yelled, I was scared as to what might happen.

"She already had a panic attack in front of us..... And by us I mean our friend group." I explained to her what I said and how I used to normally lie all the time and then (Y/N) explained the thought process she was going through and also explained how Virgil comforted her while I was talking to the others.

Her mom seemed pissed that I would hurt her daughter like that. "How dare you lie to my daughter repeatedly then tell the truth saying I love you!!" I was shocked that she yelled at me.

"Look I'm sorry, that I kept lying but I'm not lying when I say I love her." (Y/N) squeezed my hand reassuringly.

Her mom kept yelling, "how can I be sure of that?!"

I started tearing up, "I promised my dad that I wouldn't lie to anyone else anymore. You can even ask him." I said and she kept glaring at me.

"Alright call him," I nodded and pulled out my phone and went to my contact labeled Dad. I pressed call and put it on speaker.

It rang a couple times and we heard Logan's voice. "Salutations, but may I ask why on earth you are calling Patton's phone while him and I are on a date?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry Lo, I was just calling to prove to my girlfriends mom that I promised that I was gonna stop lying." I admitted to Logan. I heard a 'hmm.....' in response.

"Alright, I'll get Pat for you, Deceit." I immediately tensed I forgot to tell him to call me Mason. (Y/N)'s mom kept glaring at me.

We eventually heard Patton's bubbly giggle, "Hiya, kiddo! Logi bear told me you needed something what was it?"

I sighed and smiled, "hi dad, I want you to tell (Y/N)'s mom that I promised that I would stop lying." I could somehow hear Patton's smile.

"Am I on speakerphone?" Patton asked.

"Yes you are," I answered his question.

"Alright, listen ma'am let's talk pan parent to straight parent," Patton chuckled. "I believe all my children when they tell me something, mainly because, Dee used to only trust me to tell the truth to and then he trusted your daughter, and now he trusts everyone. Meaning, your daughter makes him really happy and calm. So don't ruin their relationship just because you don't believe my fedora wearing son." Patton explained her mom sighed.

"Okay, fine but I have one question..... What the hell is pan?" I assumed she didn't know anything about LGBT.

Patton answered, "it's a piece of kitchenware." Patton chuckled her mom however didn't seem amused. "Okay, it means that I'm genderblind, meaning I don't care about Gender I care about personality." Patton explained. Her mom seemed to understand. "Can I get back to my date with Logan, kiddos?"

"Yeah, I'll let you get back to your date with, Logan." I said and hung up the phone, "there ya see? I promised and I really do love your daughter." I walked over to (Y/N) and kissed her cheek her cheeks got dusted a light pink.

-----------------------------------------------------------
(A/N): If there were any triggers please let me know. Because, nothing in this chapter seemed to be a trigger to me. My new goal for this book is 330+ views. If you guys do that I will make a fanfic of your choosing plot, au, and even fandom. Whether it be Sanders Sides all the way down to South Park *cough* Creek is OTP *cough* and have fun reading the third chapter for today.