Mastermind!Kokichi Ouma x Reader

A/N: Requested by @MrsGHOSTY! Kokichi isn't one of my favourite characters but I actually really enjoyed writing this! This is my first time writing something that's not Ishimaru so it's not the best but I hope you like it :D

[Reader is gender neutral]{In the killing game}[Fluff]

~

You are sat outside the academy, head up staring at the sky watching as it begins to get dark, swinging your legs impatiently as you wait for nighttime. Two days have passed since the class trial of Miu, and the execution of Gonta, which of course was enough to deal with on its own. However, Kokichi also disappeared after the trial and hasn't been seen since, causing everyone to feel even more on edge than usual.

Even though you hated to admit to yourself, you did miss the purple-haired mischief maker. His pranks had made life more bearable trapped in here. Sure, evidently he enjoys watching everyone suffer, but you have been telling yourself this whole time that there is a valid reason for him being like this. There must be!

"Kokichi behaved really weirdly after the trial, but still... I hope he's okay." You say aloud to yourself, thinking back to the last time you saw him.

*Flashback to 2 days earlier*

Kaito lay on the floor having taken a blow from Kokichi, his eyes glaring into his grinning face, but Kaito was clearly in great pain. You slowly zone out as Maki throws more death threats at Kokichi. A lot was happening, and you still hadn't processed the deaths of two of your classmates...but now Kokichi was acting like this? Why? What was he hoping to gain?

Suddenly everyone rushes to Kaito's side to help him up, while Kokichi just stands there dumbfounded at how everyone chose to ignore him. Not knowing what to do you stand awkwardly at the side watching the situation unfold further.

Kokichi eventually speaks up, annoyance evident in his voice. "Hey...why are you all so worried about this pathetic gu-"

"Pathetic? Look at yourself, Kokichi," Shuichi retorts.

"What?"

"Kaito always has us by his side, see? But no one wants to be around you. You're alone Kokichi. And you always will be."

Hearing those words from Shuichi makes a sudden feeling of guilt fill your stomach. Part of you can see that Kokichi's actions were wrong, but part of you wants to rush to his side and never leave him no matter what.

Conflicted, you choose to stay put, giving an apologetic glance towards Kokichi even though he doesn't even notice.

"Ah-haha! You're talking about friends? Friends don't make this game more entert-...Geez, boooring! I'm no longer interested." He turns toward the exit but before leaving, he turns back to you all.

"I don't care anymore... But, I will tell you this..." You can see his face morphing into pure darkness as he speaks. "The one who will win this game...is ME!"

Stunned by this declaration and how terrifyingly he glares at you and the others, you wonder whether you made the right choice. Your eyes follow Kokichi as he leaves the courtroom, your heart pounding in frustration and regret.

*flashback over*

And he hasn't been seen since.

You stand yourself up stretching your arms above your head. "Welp, I guess it's time to stop Monokuma now. It probably won't work but it'll be fun to try."