Part 1

Unedited

Rai-POV

I bit my lip as I pulled the strings of the pink corset tighter, suffocating my lungs. Looking back at the mirror I tried to tie a pretty bow.

"Fuckkkkkk, why won't it work.." I mumbled frustrated.
Staring at my reflection, my makeup made me nearly unrecognisable. The time wasted learning makeup on YouTube really paid off. The red lipstick is a contrast to my pale skin with the foundation hiding all my acne scars. I don't understand why makeup is limited to girls only? It's magic. The print and white dress with platform white shoes completed the look. No one would realise it's me, giving me a completely different reality. Hope for a reality where I could actually be myself.

I smiled at the thought.

As much as I would love to ask my brother to help me with the dress, he would kill me and If my dad would see this, he would have a stroke. How dare a 17 year old boy Chinese boy try cross dressing? Nonetheless Lolita? I would be dead for sure.

Just as I thought my luck couldn't get worse, a knock interrupted my images of my soon death.

"Rai what the fuck are you doing at 1 in the morning?"

My heart froze as my hands started shaking. Shit did I lock the door?

"I.. ahh I forgot I had to hand in a paper due for tomorrow" I mumbled out, hoping the the excuse would suffice.

"Well keep it down, I have shit to do tomorrow". I nodded forgetting he couldn't see me. As soon as I heard his footsteps fade away, I willed my body to relax. Breathing out, I dragged my body to check the door.

I quickly lock it and check my laptop for the deadline. I have only 30 minutes before the competition ends. I reach for the corset ribbons and tying them randomly, giving up on the bow.

Taking a deep breath, I took my phone and took a few pictures. My poses are awkward, trying to hold my phone while somehow trying to take a decent photo in the mirror. The lighting in my barely helping and it doesn't help that it's the dead of night. The sunlight would do justice to the dress, unfortunately sunlight is not something I could have.

Flipping through the photos, I realised my photography skills are absolute shit. They somehow made the pink blend in with the white with the ruffles barely visible. I sighed and picked a photo with me sitting on my bed and uploaded it. It should do.
It's my only hope at getting out of here.