Part 9

Authors note:

I honestly wasnt sure if anyone was interested in reading this story... but I am really happy seeing people actually wanting an update.

Also this is unedited so there's most likely spelling mistakes.

Rai Pov

"You have arrived at your destination", I frowned looking at my phone. Just where the fuck is it? Turning around, I caught a glimpse of an old sign, outdated maybe vintage? and worn out or maybe that was the design?

I let out a sign of relief. I was not bothered making the hour trip back home empty handed. I made my way to the corner, feet feeling heavier with each step.

Is this a bad idea? Most likely. I could be easily found out. I paused in front of the shop. My hands hesitating.

Do I have another choice? No. Not if I want to win. Not if I want to continue. But If... if shit hits the fan wining will be the last of my worries. I... I might as well..

Maybe I should've found one further away? I'm Sofie wont mind me being late? Actually.. hold that thought. Just remembering her blank stare, I knew better.

"Ahhh can I help you?", I flinched turning around to face a young  face with curly hair. He couldn't possible be that much older than me. At most maybe just finished collage? 

"Ummm I... this your store?", I asked even though the answer was obvious.

He smiled, dimples showing and reached for the door, opening it "yes, would you like to come in?" he asked amused. I nodded a bit too quickly and he gave a small smile.

The smell inside was weirdly comforting, lemon and spice but not too overwhelming. A small studio with portraits hanging all over the walls with rusty frames.

"So how can I help you today?" I turned to face him, quite flustered on how to start the conversation. I held onto my bag straps, twisting them trying to control my shaking but seeing his concerned I knew I failed. "Hey it's okay most people are quite nervous for their first time." He hesitated but continued, "It is your first time right?" I quickly nodded. He smiled and clasped his hands, "Good! Good! that means we can start fresh", he lead me to a small corner table. "You can make yourself comfortable and I'll bring some lemon tea." He quickly turned around and went to a seperate room after a second the sound of the kettle filed the room.

I set myself down placing my bag on the floor. How the hell am I going to explain, that I a boy is wants to join a lolita competition. That I enjoy and love putting makeup on... that I love pretty dresses especially the ones with frills? As soon as I went to grab my bag, he entered and I quickly retracted my hand. He placed the tea on the table and opened his laptop. "I know this is pretty new but lets start off nice and easy. I am Dearil I own the studio but sometimes my sister comes around and helps me around." He looked at me waiting for me to introduce myself.

"Oh hi.. I'm Rai, I have a competition coming up so I just wanted some good pictures to submit," I scratched my hand anxious on how to explain the whole situation.

"Oh thats awesome! Lot of people come in for pageant pictures and sports photography so I'm sure I can help. What type of competition is it?" I held my breath and looked away. Oh god....

"Well its.. its a lolita competition and submissions are closing in two months." I kept my focus on my fidgeting with my  fingers too anxious to look at him. The heat traveling up my neck even though the studio is quite cool. 

"A lolita competition? Can you explain?", If my face wasn't red it would've been by now. I swallowed whatever moisture was left in my mouth. 

"I think its better if you search it up", I explained and reached for the tea, the citrusy liquid warming my throat.

"Oh.." I looked up at him expecting him to be weirded out but he just looked back at me with comforting eyes. "Thats okay, Im not judging if thats what you were expecting." I let out a nervous chuckle and shook my head even though it was obvious that I was expecting a negative reaction.

"I'll start a portfolio now have you took any picture before that I would be able to see? Just so I can have an idea with what I am working with in terms of costumes"

"Oh I have but I dont have them on me.. but I can bring them next time," I explained. Honestly I did not think I would get this far let alone bring them with me. All pictures are placed in a drive thats password protected, I cannot risk anyone finding it. 

"Thats okay, how about this you can bring the pictures next time and I'll start a draft with ideas of theme and style that you can pick from. How does next Wednesday sound?" Maybe coming here wasn't such a bad idea after all. But is anything this easy in reality? 

"Oh yeah thats perfect but I have school so the afternoon would be good if you can..." I said feeling more relaxed. 

"That wouldn't be a problem, I'll make sure the draft is ready by than and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you have already." He smiled, closing his laptop.

--

Even after knowing he was not judgmental, I still couldn't help but feel relieved only after leaving the studio. It must be the nervous, especially since this is the first time I willingly told someone. 

I checked the time, "oh fuck..." Im going to be late for my shift. Last thing I need is for me to get fired than there will really be no pictures. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 17, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Lolitaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें