CHAPTER 20

"You look beautiful," said Roman as he looked at his wife dressed in a beautiful white gown, her blonde hair was pulled up into a tight bun with a veil surrounding it, her hoop earrings setting off her beauty, her bracelets clanging together

"Thank-you," she said with a smile.

"Are you sure this is going to work? What if he doesn't fall for our trap?" She asked as Roman massaged her shoulders.

"There is no doubt in my mind that he won't fall for our trap, Melissa. He believes he is marrying you in place of Michelle. He will meet you in the wooded area he was instructed. There will be a minister there to marry you but just as the service begins my crew and I will jump out to attack Seth."

"And what if he has his crew?"

"I have defeated his crew before, I will defeat his crew again," he said.

"Roman," she said facing him, placing her hands on his firm chest.

"I don't feel good about this. Please reconsider," she begs.

"We need to take care of Seth now before it's too late and once he is taken care of we can begin our voyage back to Jamaica where we can live freely and raise our child Melissa but seeing you in that wedding dress makes me want to marry you all over again, take you as my wife in better circumstances when I truly love you," he said,

"I want to do this properly." He said getting down onto one knee in front of her and taking her hand into his.

"Melissa, I married you out of selfish ambition but it was never true love until I truly fell in love with you. You have changed my entire life you make me want to be a better man; you have made me see there is good in the world instead of just evil. You're the mother of my child and you're the love of my life. I want to live the rest of my life calling you mine and you calling me yours. You stole my heart and changed my black soul into white. Will you marry me, Melissa?"

Tears flowed from Melissa's eyes as she looked at the man she loved declaring his love to her, baring his soul to her and asking her to marry him truly this time.

She had not only changed him but he had changed her.

He changed her into a strong, courageous woman, he taught her how to read and taught her how to survive but he taught her how to love and showed her that true love exists outside of fairy tales.

She nodded her head and said.

"Yes, Roman, I will marry you."

He smiled at her and pulled a ring out of his pocket.