CHAPTER 6

"Is everyone well?" Roman questioned as he walked to the deck of the ship where most of the attacks took place.

Bodies of men from Roman's ship and men from Seth's ship were scattered across the deck, covered in blood, some lifeless and some crying out for help

Most of Roman's men were tending to their own as he made his way over to help the best he could. Others threw Seth's men overboard as they screamed for their lives.

"We have a few men down," said Dean as he poured rum over the stab wounds of one of the men.

"Did we lose anyone?" asked Roman as one of his men John screamed out in pain as the alcohol burned his bleeding wound. Roman worked with the tape as he proceeded to help Dean tend to John.

"Most of the casualties came from Captain Rollins' ship, Sir," he said as they worked together to wrap John's wounds.

"How is Melissa? Is she safe?"

"If she was not safe would I be on the deck with you?" he asked. "What happened after I went to tend to her?"

"Rollins' men kept up on their attack. They began to overpower most of us but we got the upper hand." John screamed out obscenities through his pain.

"I'm almost done, John, hang in there," said Dean. "And Captain Rollins?"

"I allowed him to go. I spared him his life," said Roman as he took off his shirt to wrap around John's bandaged waist.

"You allowed Rollins his life?" asked Dean with shock.

"Why would you do something so foolish? You know that Rollins is going to keep coming after us as long as he is alive, he's going to keep coming after you until you're dead. You should have killed him when you had the chance why did you stop?"

"Melissa," sighed Roman.

"He approached her. I walked into our cabin, he had her compromised. He had his lips on her, his hands on her. She's mine, Dean. I spared him his life because I wanted her to see that she was mine, remind her that she belongs to me and no other man. I should have killed him. She weakened me and allowed me to come off my guard for her. Rollins is probably loving the victory."

"That's not like you, Reigns to allow a woman to throw you off your guard. You must truly care about her."

"I cannot care about her!" he snapped.

"If I care about her I will allow myself to become weak. In our life we can't be distracted not by love not by any woman," he said honestly.

Although deep down inside he knew he couldn't stop caring about her but he knew he had to, his life depended on it. She couldn't be a distraction to him anymore. His men were injured because he needed to check on her and he left his men to battle their enemy on their own.