CHAPTER 11

"You're joining us in the Pub tonight," said Dean as Roman and a few of his men sat around the table drinking rum

"You're joining us in the Pub tonight," said Dean as Roman and a few of his men sat around the table drinking rum. "Where's the Missus?" He asked taking a swing of his Rum.

"Resting," answered Roman with a smile.

"She needs all the rest she can get."

"Tiring her out in the bedroom?" Asked Dean with a smirk.

"No," he said with a smile.

"She's with child," he said as gasps were heard around the table and their mouths dropped open at his news.

Roman thought about being a father. He had never thought of settling down, marrying a woman, having a family.

He was going to live the pirate life his entire life. He was going to sail the ocean's blue, raid other ships, steal goods and live an adventurous life on the sea but the moment he met Melissa he knew that his dreams were shifted.

He knew that he would one day settle down, one day give up the pirate life to be a father.

His stomach filled with butterflies when he thought of his wife bringing their child into the world. He had never known what a father was, the only father he had ever seen was the cruel and inhumane man that raised him.

He wanted to be anything but his own father. He wanted to raise his son to follow his legacy, follow the pirate life. He wanted his daughter to be treated with respect and follow the gypsy lifestyle her mother led.

"You're having a child you, Bastard?" asked Dean.

Roman heard the shock in his voice as he questioned his news.

"I'm having a child," he said proudly.

"Melissa is with child."

"Bloody Hell!" shouted out Rob, one of the men that were part of Roman's crew.

"That's not the life you dream of. A child will ground you and a wife will hold you from doing what you need to in order to survive. That was a foolish thing to do, Captain! You can't take a child onto a pirate ship we live a dangerous life," he said sternly.

"It would be dangerous to take a young'n onto the ship with us. That was a foolish thing to do."

"What Rob is trying to say," said Dean trying to soften the harshness of Rob's statement.

"A baby is a lot of responsibility. We live a life that is adventurous, dangerous. A pirate ship is no place for a child," he said.

"What are you going to do with the child? What are you going to do with your wife? Leave them behind?" he asked.

"I have thought about settling down, living a peaceful life," he said.

"I know a baby is a lot of work. I want to raise my child to follow my legacy but I don't' want to leave my wife and child behind to live this life. I would rather settle down with my wife and give up this life," he responded.