CHAPTER 14

"It has been a while since I've seen your smiling face around here," said Adelina to Roman as he took his seat at the bar in his pub.

She gave him a mug of beer as she stopped in front of him to talk.

Dressed in a light blue blouse and a navy blue floral designed skirt and her dark hair pulled up into a tight bun at the nape of her neck, she stared at Roman with her dark brown eyes smiling with her plump lips, plumper than most women he had ever known.

Roman would not deny the fact that Addy was a beautiful woman but she was not breathtakingly beautiful like Melissa, no one compared to Melissa's beauty she was in a class all her own one of the many qualities Roman had admired about her.

Melissa's beauty often made him stop to catch a breath, his heart skip a beat and sometimes he needed to pinch himself to make sure he was still alive because being with a woman as beautiful as she was seemed like a dream.

"Where have you been?" she asked trying to make conversation with Roman.

"I've been around," he answered.

"Being a husband, spending time with my wife, making coin," he responded as he took a swig of his beer.

"I've missed seeing your smiling face," she gave him a smile.

"When do you set sail again to wherever you're going next?"

"We haven't discussed leaving Jamaica just yet. We still have some things to work on and is it not good for Melissa to be on my ship in her condition? There are no doctors on my ship what if something goes terribly wrong and we lose the baby? I couldn't bare it."

"You never stay too long here in your residence."

"My life is different now," he said,

"I'm thinking about giving up this whole pirate life. I think it's time to settle down and raise a family. I have one more mission to take with Melissa and then after I think it's time to end this lifestyle. I'm going to be a father. It's time that I settled down focused on my wife, focused on my child. It's time to have a family. I can't have a family on my ship. I hated my life on the ship growing up. I will teach my son the trade of being a pirate, give him his own ship when he's older but I think my time as Captain Roman Reigns is finished," he said surprising Addy.

"I'm speechless," she said in response to his announcement.

"You're just going to give up the pirate life to settle down here. How will you make coin? I thought you loved that life?"

"I do love that life but I love my life with my wife more and once I become a father I don't want to risk my child to the disease and famine that can occur on the ship. I won't risk its life in that way. I will still grow tobacco and cotton to sell and trade with Europe and I have the pub and Melissa is very good at her lifestyle," he said with a proud smile.

"She has brought business into the pub," she said dryly.

"People enjoy hearing their fortunes," he said,

"And she's beautiful. It was a positive change to the pub. She brings in a lot of coin."

"You don't believe that fortune telling stuff that she does do you?"

"I do," he answered.

"I don't believe in that nonsense," she said honestly.

"It's all a trick for them to earn coin you should see that more than anyone. She really can't determine a future. She can't really determine when you're going to live or die. That is up to God and his plan for life. It's trickery."