CHAPTER 8

Roman and Melissa arrived in Jamaica in the early evening hours as they stepped off Roman's ship the sky was cascading off the water in rays of pink and orange

It was one of their favorite sights in the evening time watching the sunset over the ocean. The rays of the sun bounced off the water perfectly and made everything seem so peaceful when there was nothing but chaos that surrounded them.

The cool breeze in the Jamaica air hit Melissa as they stepped off the ship.

Roman took her by the hand and guided her down the steps onto the wooden pier

"We're home," he said with a relaxation in his voice.

Hours earlier he had been frightened and scared from a nightmare of his past.

They spent the remaining hours of their trip making love to each other and enjoying each other's company while Melissa relaxed Roman, chasing his fears away.

"It's a beautiful evening," she said softly with a smile as they hooked arms.

"What about my things?"

"My men will handle them," he said as they walked to a carriage.

"I want to get you home for the evening," he said helping her step up onto the carriage before climbing in beside her.

He held her in his arms as they rode through the streets of the city.

"What is your trade?" she asked him as her head rested on his firm chest, their fingers linked together, his lips in her dirty blonde hair as his fingertips glided up and down the velvet skin of her olive toned arm. He kissed the top of her head making her smile.

"My trade?" he asked.

"What do you sell to make money other than raiding ships to steal the goods on that ship? You have to have some type of career here in Jamaica or I'm sure you wouldn't come back."

"Maybe I just want to bring my new wife back here so that we can enjoy some time off the ship and as much time alone as we can together inside my bedchambers."