9 ⅔ • 𝘰𝘧

21.7.19 [sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ]

Amber had been through some weird things in her life before. Some hard to overcome, most of them good, some questionable and majority of the things laughable because overall, she's living with a brother who always tries to be funny.

She'd once even seen him crack up so hard at his own joke (that was honestly, not that funny but the way his face scrunched up with total hysteria was enough to make her laugh too).

He was sprawled out across her bed that day, casually invading her bedroom like every other day after school and when their grandma hadn't come home yet. They would spend the rest of their afternoon and night in Amber's room, dancing or just chilling.

But that day, she clearly remembered, with no worries on her shoulders at all, the way Jimin said a joke and started laughing at himself for making it. Then he started to break out into an unstoppable fit of laughter, kicking his legs out like a cute little boy before rolling over and falling off the bed.

That was when she laughed at her stupidly cute hyung so hard she couldn't breathe, back to the memory when everything was so normal and natural even though they were born not.

She was so lucky to have such a genuine, caring, charming and loyal brother that always looked after her despite the lack of family and the presence of guardians in the house except their all-too-hardworking grandma.

He would be the only guy in the world she would ever marry and trust all her life (this sounds like incest but it's the truth!!) because Jimin was top boyfriend, husband and father material, mature and serious when he knows he needs to be, funny and kind and always aloof with smiles on his face whenever and wherever.

So when they were all sitting in the cozy space of a provided hut in a blink of an eye, far, far away from their home that had memories of grandma and Jimin's eye smiles and giggles and everything so carefree and ordinary, now not, she realised how life actually changed so quick.

She'd blinked from the warm memory, confused and slightly sad to see a serious, tight-lipped frown on Jimin's face instead of the naturally occurring pout and smile.

The atmosphere was cold.

Furrowed eyebrows, eyes distant and troubled, staring off into space where the silver-haired stranger had ducked under the blue flaps and left their temporary hut, leaving Jimin in a slight grim trance mixed with awe, staring at the spot where the male's clothed back had left their sight all too soon.

How did it go from depending on normal necessities in life to depending and trusting on mere strangers bearing elemental powers that couldn't be scientifically possible?

Moving from one chaotic moment to another, Amber doesn't know when she'll break or lose herself in the mess of getting up and walking away. The two identical siblings didn't even get the chance to mourn for their grandma's death! Utterly disastrous.

But..now it seems like these were the only people they could depend on now even if they all barely knew each other and her brother had this weird invisible tension floating around him. They all melded as one, and it was weird, knowing they didn't actually know each other at all.

So weird...

"Seriously, does he expect us to just sit here and wait around while he goes off and does all the 'adult work'? Seriously, we're adults too," Jungkook grumbled like a child, but one good look at him and you'll see his ruby eyes glinting this dangerous hue in the torchlight.

Never mess with hellfire.

Amber just gulped silently, taking a good look around her and the hut. Everything seemed peaceful for now. Too quiet and calm, despite everything that had happened in the past few hours.

The sun had set by now, outside finally pitch-black and completely starless as if the gods forbade the blessings for tonight.

She felt a trembling, steady spark in her chest; like a drilled hole in her heart filling back up with fizzling electricity. It was a creepy, foreign feeling, almost nonexistent if it weren't for the calm pattern of her breathing. She was collected in this moment, Hoseok sitting down in the corner on a hay bale, tentatively watching over the fiery wrath that was Jeongguk who was now silently brooding in the other corner.

Jimin was standing there in front of the flaps where Taehyung had exited not moments ago, and she herself, well..she was sitting with her jelly legs tucked underneath her on the straws beneath their feet, watching carefully over the scene.

She felt something coming. She really did.

Something like dread, it seemed. Almost comparable. But..way worse.

Now..she noticed the disturbing crackling feeling of voltage in her chest grow heavier with every passing second, almost paranoid and stuck without air if she didn't realise sooner, the eerie blinding colours of green; the same green she'd seen before, now flashing from outside behind those flaps.

Then the screams of peril.

𝓐/𝓝:

ᴏᴍɢ ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ sᴏ sɪᴄᴋ ɴᴏᴡ 😷 ʙᴜᴛ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ, ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ (ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍᴀx, ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛs, ʏᴀʏ!) sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ ♥︎ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ, ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴜᴘᴅᴀʏᴇ sᴏᴏɴ~

ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs, ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ.

lub chu all 💜