Chapter 1 - He will never know I love him

** rewritten **

~ Luke's Perspective ~

He was beautiful. I mean, everyone thought that, but not in the same way that I did. His lips would part with every sound that fell from them, and his golden locks would descend from behind his ears, and his smile would make the horizon look like it isn't the brightest damn thing out there. I couldn't stop admiring Ashton Irwin.

As he sung and his voice projected skylines, I thought about my adoration for him. I can't help but laugh at every single thing he says, whether it's small or big. He could rip all of the skin off of my bones, and I'd still find it humorous. I'd still find him humorous. He's that static sound in the city that never sleeps, and he makes me feel like things will turn out okay in the end.

"Luke?"

He was looking at me, and my heart skipped a beat as his eyes wandered around my face, but he seemed disappointed in me and everything that I am.

"Did you hear anything that I just said?"

I would shake my head sadly, and I'd feel ashamed for not listening to the person who means the world to me.

"Could you repeat it?" I'd beg, and he would nod and give in, and that was always the nice part about it all, wasn't it? I could make him do almost anything I wanted with just one look. I had him wrapped around my finger, but he was slowly slipping away and untying that knot.

He would open his mouth, and I'd watch the way it would close every other second, and it'd still be incredibly difficult to focus with the way he could outshine everything that stood outside of my window. He was beautiful. People didn't think of him in the same way that I did. They couldn't.

"You're still not listening to me," said Ashton, pouting lips reaching beyond their limit.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was just caught up in my mind."

"Ah," he replied, "what are you thinking about?"

You're straight, and I'll never be able to call you mine. "It's nothing, silly."

Ashton crossed his arms when realizing that he didn't get his way, and he'd furrow his eyebrows to show that he was confused, but I wasn't going to give into him, even if it was for just a second. "Luke Robert Hemmings, tell me what you were thinking about, or else I won't share my pudding with you tonight."

I would laugh in amusement at the way he reacted, and he'd just remain confused. "Oh please, last time you threatened to do so, you ended up giving me some anyway."

He stuck his tongue out in defeat, obviously annoyed that I wouldn't tell him what was and still is on my mind.

"Please tell me, Luke. I just want to understand."

I sighed. I couldn't be bothered with this, but I also didn't want him to be mad at me. "Just thinking about our Halloween costumes."

Ashton chuckled, and his laugh gave me goosebumps. "Why didn't you just say that?"

I opened the refrigerator to look for something to snack on, but unfortunately, there wasn't anything on the shelves except for some expired cheese. "Mum," I whined, hoping that she'd be able to hear me from all the way down here. "I'm going to die of starvation. I need food."

"Then go get some!" She shouted back, and I only frowned some more. Ashton was just sitting back with an amused grin on his face, and there wasn't much I could do about it. "Can I at least get some money?"

She stood at the top of the staircase with a scowl on her face, and I only gave her a toothy smile in return. "There's money in my purse. Take Ashton with you since he's better at choosing groceries."