Hide and Seek

"Eight, Nine, Ten!" I yelled. I started to walk around, looking for my little sister of about five years. I heard giggling as i got closer to her favorite hiding spot.

"Hmm, I wonder where Jasmine is?" I said in a sarcastic tone. She started laughing even more. I looked down in the old oak wood tree. There was a small hole, that only she could fit in. She screamed when I looked at her. I giggled and helped her out of the small hole.

"Are you ready to go inside, chickie?" I asked, ruffling her hair.

"Yes, Baebae," She said in an innocent voice. She has called me Baebae since she could speak. My name does not even have a "B" in it. We walked into the kitchen to grab a light snack.

"Salem," someone whispered in my ear.

"Was that you Jasmine?" I asked turning around to look at her. She gave me a confused look and shook her head.

"No Baebae, I was sitting here eating my cookie." She said in an innocent voice I shook it off and finished off my glass of water and cookie. Jasmine and I walked upstairs so she could have her usual three o'clock nap. I tucked her into her bed and kissed her head," Goodnight, sweet girl." I whispered into her ear before walking out. As I walked out I felt a cold wind fly by me as I walked out. 'What the fuck?' I thought, looking around.

"Salem, can you hear me," Someone said.

"Who are you?" I asked. There was dead silence. 'Am I going crazy?' I asked myself, while walking to my room. Do you know the feeling you get when you think someone is watching you? Yea, that feeling, well I have that feeling. I looked around my room, seeing nothing but my band posters and television.

"I see you," the voice said with a small chuckle in his voice. It was obviously a man. He had the deep voice of a man. I was starting to think that I was going crazy. My breathing started to slow down, trying to listen to everything around the house. I laid down after I heard nothing. As I was about to fall asleep, I heard the man whisper in my ear, "Go to sleep."

I woke up in my room, feeling dizzy. I heard pots being knocked around coming from downstairs. Struggling, I got up and hesitantly walked downstairs. My mother was in the kitchen making spaghetti.

"Hey! You were asleep for a while! I woke Jasmine up and she is in the living room watching television," She said, putting the sauce in the pot," Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes." I smiled and walked to sit with Jasmine. She was watching Spongebob Squarepants.