7

The last thing Jennifer remembered before everything went black was the jet spinning out of control, its target the beach below

The last thing Jennifer remembered before everything went black was the jet spinning out of control, its target the beach below. The next thing Jennifer registered was when someone began to shake her worriedly, a muffled voice saying, "Jennifer, wake up!"

It took a minute, but she finally gasped and her eyes shot open to see Erik and Andrew looking at her worriedly. "What. . .what happened?" Jennifer asked as she put a hand to her pounding head.

"The cyclone wrecked the jet, so we ended up crashing into the beach," Andrew explained. "I tried to catch you before we fell, but you flew through the air and hit your head. My powers only managed to stop the impact from being too powerful, you still hit your head though."

"Are you alright?" Erik asked as he gently moved the girl's head around so he could inspect it. "I'm fine. Just have a little headache is all," Jennifer assured them.

"Erik!" Charles called out from the other side of the jet. "Are the twins okay?"

"All good over here. Everyone else?" Erik asked.

There were a collection of groans and Erik chuckled softly in relief from the fact they were all okay. "I read the teleporter's mind," Charles said, gaining the attention of everyone on the jet. "Shaw is drawing all the power out of his sub. He's turning himself into some kind of nuclear bomb."

"We got no time. The Geiger count is going out of control," Moira said. "Moira, this is what we're gonna do. Get on the radio and tell them to clear both fleets out immediately," Charles directed.

"I'm going in," Erik announced making both of the twins whip their heads around to look at him. "What? Not alone you aren't," Jennifer said, her arms crossing in front of her body as a stubborn look appeared on her face.

"Beast, Havok, will back him up," Charles declared. "Jen, you and I can guide Erik through once he's in. Erik, I need you to shut down whatever it is that's blocking me, then we just hope to God it's not too late for me to stop him. And Andrew, since you can tap into people emotionally, let's see if we can get you connected to Shaw."

"Got it," Erik said before he went to leave. However, he paused for just a second before turning and looking at the twins who were staring at him worriedly. Erik sighed and bent down before the twins, his eyes flickering between them as if he were trying to memorize their faces.

He gave them a small smile before ruffling their hair, earning small laughs to escape their lips. Erik chuckled as well and dropped his hands right as Andrew and Jennifer threw themselves into his arms. Erik had to catch his balance as a look of shock washed over his face.