Carolina

Xavier flew to New Zealand after a week. He needed to end his relationship with Carolina, that's the right thing to do. Never did he thought that he'll be two timing. Never did he thought he'll be cheating.

He loves Carolina. Very much.

But that doesn't matter now. He did stupid things and he needs to face the consequences.

He stared at the ring one last time. He already made enhancements on it. Tailor-fitted for Carolina. Not too extravagant but elegant. Something Carolina would love.

He's been avoiding her for a week. He doesn't want to see her heartbreaking. But he has to do this.

The moment the airplane landed he drove his car straight to Carolina's farm. He walked straight to her office, where she would be.

He will tell her the truth. Break up with her. Accept her hurtful words and slaps then he'll go back to Europe. Yes, that is his plan

But the moment he opened her officer door...the plan...it didn't push through smoothly.

The moment Carolina saw him her face brightened, she have this big smile on her face.

She stood up and walked towards him, hugged him.

And he felt like...it was home.

For the past week, he has been sleeping with Tasha. It was all fun. The are adventurous, the do it everywhere...

But this simple hug with Carolina made him feel comfortable...contended....happy.

"I missed you so much Xavier..." she whispered as she hug him tight.

"I missed you too..." and that is true.

Carolina looked at him, she caressed his face, his eyes were tired, his face is neat and clean, but there's something in his eyes...they seem...lonely.

Somehow she felt like something was going on.

"Do you want to go home?" She asked.

He shook his head and kissed her...those warm lips that he will always remember.

"Have dinner with me..." One last dinner, he thought.

"Wait for me in the car. I'll just pack my things up."

She trust him, her instinct was telling her something...but she trust him.

It was the most silent thirty minute ride towards their favorite steak house. She knew something was going on, and somehow, she can feel that something changed.

They sat through their favorite spot... In the half circled corner where you can see the cars passing by through the windows.

"The usual?" The waiter asked as they were regulars. Xavier nodded.

"So...how's work?" She casually asked.

He looked at her, studying her face, her beauty, her glow...

He will miss that charming smile. "Heavy work load but got nothing we cannot handle"

"That's great!" She enthusiastically said, then held his hand and squeezed it.  "I always trusted that you can do it."

Then she noticed, he wasn't wearing the watch she gave him.

She looked at him, questioning, and he met her gaze with lonely eyes.

He sighed and looked away.

"I have to tell you something"

She knows...she felt a stab in her heart...she wanted to be angry...but she took a deep breath and nodded... "I'm listening" she softly mutter.

"I... I am.... I am sleeping with Tasha"

Her heart broke into million pieces and tears started to stream down her face...but she nodded, encouraging him to continue, although it hurts her

"We went out one time to celebrate and one thing led to another... I am taking all the blame... I have you, I should have controlled myself. I'm sorry..." she saw tears in his eyes.

"I...I wanted to ask a lot Xavier...but..." she smiled, squeezed his hand once again. "Remember what I told you before? You will never do something you do not like..."

"You are the most rational person I know, you have explanation for everything, reasoning for everything..." I sadly smiled...

"As much as it hurts me...maybe your feelings for me faded away while you were far from me..."

"And you know what I want for you right?" I asked, smiling at him...

"I want you happy Xavier...even if it's not with me..." tears can't help but stream down my face.

All my life I thought Xavier and I were meant for each other... he's got everything I want for my husband to have.

But it will be too selfish for me not to let him go... It will make him unhappy...and in the end it will hurt me.

"I'm...I'm cutting ties with your farm..." I bravely said as I wipe my tears away.

"But..."

I smiled at him, genuinely, "We both know your farm can self-sustain itself... it wouldn't be nice to see me working with you, I don't want her to feel unsecured..."

"I've known you my whole life Xavier, you never commit mistakes, sleeping with her...maybe it was the best trigger for you to see a different side of you..."

I only know a few things about Tasha...but I think, Xavier needed a fresh air...and he saw it in her.

I wanted to tell him how much I love him...that I am still willing to accept him even after sleeping with her...but that will be unfair for him

I wanted to ask him if he loves her...but...my feelings are overwhelming, I don't think I can handle his answer. I love him, I love him so much that it hurts letting him go...but I was the only person restraining him to fly high.

He's been going back and forth in Australia for me for so long...maybe it's time he peacefully stays where he truly belongs

At least now, he can start anew in Europe...even without me in it.