Sick

I was unpacking my things to my new apartment when I heard the knob of the door beside me open.

In awe she said, "Oh my gosh. Xavier?" It was Tasha.

"Hey, Tasha." I smiled, greeting her back as I put down the box.

"You're my new neighbor? What a coincidence!" She exclaimed.

"Well yeah" I shrugged. The place was my personal choice, near the hotel we'll be starting, and our office. A month after the settlement and start up, here I am.

"Have you been living here for long?" I asked, trying to engage in a friendly conversation.

"Actually I just moved in, A clothing brand wanted to take up my designs and it's based here in France. I just recently signed a two year contract with them." She happily narrated.

"Do you need help? I can assist you..."

"No, no. I'm good. I don't want to disturbed you. I think you're going out..."

"Actually...the real reason was..." she trailed, like she was shy to tell me what was it.

"Actually, I was expecting a handsome neighbor, you know, I mean..." I smirked and shook my head.

"Didn't know you'll have a brother-like figure instead of hunk?" I said, lifting the box and putting it in my flat.

"Don't worry, even though I wasn't the neighbor you expect, I can be like you're brother." He said, smiling.

------

Am I being "sisterzoned"?! Xavier started putting in his things. I hated the fact that he was looking at me like a "sister"

I shrugged off the thought. Yeah, that's what you thought, but that's not my plan.

Of course, this is not a coincidence. I was snooping at Jeanne's phone one night, when I put on a pill on his drink for him to sleep tight, that's where I knew Xavier will be staying at this apartment.

I did not told Jeanne about my plan of moving here, I just told him I accepted a job, which he was proud of.

Well, aside from my job, I was working on making his best friend mine too.

Jeanne can be so protective of Xavier, and I am hating it!

"Don't" Xavier said, when I lifted a box. "This one's light." I argued.

"I can manage Tasha."

I frowned at him and looked around his flat. "Everything is messy here, is this how you define management?"

"Come on Xave, you will need a lady's help in fixing this...plus, you'll need a shopping buddy, I mean I've been living here for long."

He thought of it for a little while before raising his hands , "Okay. I give up, I needed help."

I smirked, yes, that's right baby, you'll need me more soon.

The first thing we fixed was his bedroom. I was having fun with him, he wasn't as uptight as he was before.

We were fixing his bed he was on the other end while I was on the other. "No!" I laughed, trying to straighten the bedsheets.

"That's fine. I'll just sleep on it anyway."

"That's the point. You must sleep on a neat bed, you know."

"Let me do it" I said, asking him to step back.