Chapter 53

Shout out to @Jade_Winchester13, thanks for voting a reading on meh chapters (especially since they suck idk why you suck around) honestly, what a legend. Also, 4 K FUCKING READSSSSS!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! Y'ALL ARE WILD. I'm thoroughly shookth! Anyway, Enjoy and Savor!!!

POV Narrator (don't panic)

"You're late,"

It is long past midnight. Moonlight casts dark shadows across turned over furniture and piles of boxes across the dusty floor. Long vines of ivy roam throughout the room, crawling up walls and breaking through the scattered windows of the apartment. The dark knight stands like a ghost in the open balcony doors. His cape billows out behind him as watches the shadows move on the oak door on the far side of the room.

In steps a beautiful woman, hair cut short and black, draped in a long gray trench coat. Her eyes go wide as spots the stranger, but quickly relaxes. "Oh, so I was invited?"

Batman's eyes turn to slits. "I thought I told you to find a disguise."

"And I decided to hide in playing sight," She sighs, putting her bag down on a rickety stool. "But it's cute you think you can control me."

He grunts to which she smiles.

"There are tons of women with black pixie cuts in Gotham, Bruce. No one is going to look at me at and think that I'm Selena Kyle, who was confirmed dead as of last month" Her smile drops as she sees that he is still serious. "I'm careful, baby, you know I always am."

"It's not that," He says, voice heavy as he removes his cowl.

Selena eyes his face with worry before bringing a hand up to cup his cheek. "That kind of night?"

"I've be comprised."

"What!" She jumps back, pupils wide. "But, but how?! Who could know?!"

Bruce looks away, "Doesn't matter,"

Selena opens her mouth to argue that it very much did matter, but she knew better. Bruce would always have the last word, he was just made like that. So if he didn't tell her willingly, he would never tell her.

"Why tell me if you won't let me help you?" She says studying him closely.

"I don't want you to worry,"

She laughs, "Oh, well thank god you told me!"

"Listen," Bruce moves towards the woman, wrapping his hands around her small waist (she is a skinny legend). "What ever happens, I promise, I'm fine."

She doesn't resist as he pulls her in, letting their chests touch.

"You know that's exactly what you said before you went missing last time."

He smiles slightly. "And I'm alive, aren't I?"

"Not the point,"

POV Robyn

With little resistance, we managed to get Jason to bed. Kori helped carry the drunken boy as Roy and I ran to open doors and grab blankets. Her alien strength is something I shall forever be grateful for from now. But after he was safely sleeping in his king bed down the hall, Roy brought out the cake we had bought at the twenty-four-seven supermarket on the way home. It was a basic chocolate cake, the frosting slathered on it an inch thick with Happy Birthday Robyn hastily written on the top with red icing. On the way out, Roy had found a pack of rainbow candles and quickly shoved them into the basket.

Now, I watch from the dining table as he strikes a match and carefully lights each of the fifteen candles. Kori sits beside me, already humming the familiar happy birthday melody under her breath. A childish smile is plastered on her face as she watches Roy put the final touches on the small cake. Her unearthly green eyes alive with light.