Chapter Twenty Nine

Hey y'all, just warning you that there is a little bit of graphic writing imagery, so if that triggers and disturbs you, it's pretty easy to tell when it's coming and you can just skip it. Anyway, Enjoy and Savor!!!!

POV Robyn

The sun has long set when Damian brings me back to the manor. I'm grateful for his company as wipe the last of my tears from my cheeks. Even though I still feel the weight of Connie dragging on my shoulders, it's nice to have him here. Besides, without a guide, I would be stuck in the garden wandering aimlessly till I died of starvation. But just as we step back into the manor, Damian gets a call on his phone. A sense of unrest floods me as he picks it up. Just as I'm about to ask who he's calling, he leaves my side a runs for the nearest Bat Cave entrance.

"It's Tim," He explains briefly, "He was captured by Penguin."

My voice catches in my throat. I shouldn't have told him.

As Damian disappears behind a bookcase, I run to the hidden elevator in the fireplace, the only entrance I really know how to access. The elevator ride down feels stretched out, like the last five minutes of class before Summer Break. It gives me time to think, something I hate in moments like this. All I can imagine his Tim, beaten on the floor and too weak to fight back as his capturers loom over him. What have I done?! If he dies tonight it's my fault. I should have stopped him or told Bruce about his plan, but instead, I was an idiot and lead him to his death by telling him about that warehouse. But I could help but feel for him when he said that Bruce took away Red Robin, and when he asked for my help... I have been feeling so useless. Can you blame me? I surrounded heroes who save the city each night. For once I wanted to be helpful, for once I wanted to be important. When he asked for my help, I couldn't stop myself. I didn't see anything wrong with at the time. But I wish I could take it back. I'm sorry, Tim!

When the elevator doors open, I realize that everyone is here. Babs is the first I notice, her hair tied in a rushed bun as her Batgirl costume missing serval pieces. Beside her is Bruce, his back turned to me as he yells something to Alfred who is frantically grabbing medical supplies. Damian stands further off with his phone to his ear probably calling Dick. As the doors close behind me, Babs turns to look at me. That's when I see that Tim is behind her on a metal table.

"Robyn-" Babs reaches to stop me as I run to the beaten boy.

"Oh my god!" I cry as I get a better look at him.

My hands cover my horrified mouth as I watch him writhe in pain, reaching his injured arm out to grasp onto the table and tensing his leg. Blood covers his face like a waterfall as I count the cuts on the Nightwing suit he wears. He clutches his side like it might fall off and winces with each breath. Babs drags me away from the table, but my eyes stay locked on the sight.

"He's going to be fine," She tells me, but the look on her face tells me otherwise. "But you can't be here!"

"But-"

"Miss Barbara," Alfred interrupts us with an astonishingly calm voice. "How has Master Tim when you picked him up?" He asks whilst beginning to exam Tim.

"He-he was fine," She stammers letting go of me and returning to Tim's side. "Well, better t-this,"

"When did his condition worsen?" Alfred questions her again.

"W-when we got into the Batmobile, yeah, he started spitting up blood, like a lot-", Her words come to a stop as Bruce lays a hand on her shoulder. She pauses and takes a breath before continuing. "And he said something about a broken rib."

Alfred gives her a silent nod as he removes Tim's shirt revealing a dark bruise on his ribcage.

"It is most likely only fractured, but he is reacting to some sort of poison," He announces, making my voice catch in my throat. "Miss Barbara, can you please do some blood work for me?"