Chapter 73

Okay so this chapter is eight minutes late fuckin at me.

Fun Fact: I made an Instagram account to post fanart (can it still be called fanart when you make it yourself?) of this story. I have a bunch of drawings scattered through my hoards of sketchbooks and I thought that it might be time for me to stop being self conscious about my art and post em. I'll also be using that account for other fun things like writing updates, some possible rants, Q&As, meme recreations, and to live out my dream of becoming a Kardashian. Overall, I'm just gonna have some fun over there and if you would like to join me the account is just @c_y_grayson just like my Wattpad username. 

Any who, Enjoy and Savor!!!

POV Robyn

Everyone sits on the edge of their seats as Talia takes the first sip of her tea. The tension holds as her lips purse against the porcelain before drawing back with a soft swallow. Somehow the action drips down my spine like cold sweat. With every move she does, she exhales control, dominance. The kind that draws every person in the room's attention. The scary kind people can only be born with. And Talia Al Ghul possesses all of it.

She sets down the pretty teacup on its saucer before looking around the room of vigilantes like brunch guests instead of hostages. Well, partially hostages. The only one with a sword to their throat currently is Babs and me.

The fight was over the second after Talia and her three assassins entered through the shattered kitchen windows. One second I was curled against Damian's side from the blast, next I felt the cold line of a blade against my exposed throat like a thin string of steel. They took all of us by surprise. Even Babs, who was the least paralyzed by the sudden shock of broken glass was captured within the minute. By the time Dick opened the kitchen door and Wally zoomed in, all of us were already held at knifepoint.

My pulse was pounding louder than a jackhammer in my ears as I fought to keep my breath from running away from me. It wasn't that I was helpless - getting out of a chokehold with a knife was day one of vigilante training - but so were hostage situations. One wrong move could set off a chain reaction. Whatever moves I could have done to free myself were thrown out the window by the risk of Babs and Damian getting hurt in retaliation. We were helpless but to comply as Talia tilted her head in a way that turned her head of amber hair into the maine of a lioness and asked for a cup of tea.

We all watch in a deafeningly uncomfortable silence as Alfred refills her half-empty cup. A small mocking smile plays on her red lips as she waves her hand for him to stop. Across from her in the square of soft-fabric pale couches and leather ottomans, Dick's tempt boils plainly. His jaw is tight as his palm rests over his mouth and calloused fingers tap impatiently against his cheek.

Tim sits next to him, looking more intrigued than impatience, though his annoyance becomes clear as Talia takes another sip of her tea. Wally stands further away against the wall; Talia had insisted that if he is to even make a move towards Babs and I, she wouldn't have any regrets slitting our throats, deep. My heart beats faster.

Think, Robyn, I yell over the panicked thoughts rising up in me like a tide.

A long time ago, Jason once told me, "Having a hostage is all about buffing, making the person believe you are capable of actually killing them. Half the time, it's all about calling that buff." I asked him what the other half was, he said, "Being steady and smart - and whatever you do, don't pull the trigger till you get a clean shot."

Muffling the bleeding cut of hearing Jason's voice in my head, I focus only on the words. Calling someone's bluff. Making sure not to move my neck or head, I catch a glance of Talia. She certainly looks like someone who could kill without blinking. Even the way her hands are folded over the peek of her crossed legs with a deadly sort of care somehow screams with danger and very possible, murderous intent - but I'm not just anyone.