chapter 6

Scamp and Angel came to the boy's side, wondering what he was doing at the door and looked up at him.

"Where have you been?" Atticus asked them.

"Searching for you." The teenage girl said.

"I've been living in an orphanage." Atticus said.

Scamp and Angel came to the adults, sensing trust in them. Scamp sniffed the man while Angel sniffed the woman. They both smiled and looked up at Atticus. This was a great sign for Atticus. 

"Would you like to come in?" Atticus asked them.

"Sure." The teenage girl said.

And so the mother, father, and older sister came in.

"Who was it, Darling?" James asked his wife.

"Just a family for Atticus, Jim, dear." Elizabeth told him as she handed him a towel to dry his hands from giving Scamp a bath.

Atticus and the family were now in the living room.

"Who's there?" Cherry looked over with Mo to see Atticus with the visitors.

"Listen, Atticus, when you were born it was the happiest moment for all of us and we had loved you with all our hearts, but then someone came into the house and kidnapped you and we've been looking for you ever sense." The father said.

Mo put a hand to her mouth in shock to hear about Atticus's past.

"Who kidnapped him, if I may ask?" Cherry questioned, even though this discussion wasn't for her, she couldn't help but wonder.

"It was my ex-boyfriend." The teenage girl said to Cherry.

"I thought your parents were killed by Judge Doom." Cherry told Atticus, remembering their adventure with Roger Rabbit.

"I thought so too?" Atticus asked.

"He must have been hired to make you think that." The teenage girl said.

"So, you're Atticus's parents?" Mo was surprised.

"Yes, we are dear." The mother said.

"Well, there's no such thing as a normal day, Atticus and I were about to go home tomorrow, but if you live here and would like him to stay..." Cherry stretched a bit in the couch.

"We would love it if you would stay with us, Atticus, but it's your choice." The mother said.

Once again Atticus was at cross roads. Cherry and Mo could kind of understand how Atticus must have been feeling right now.

"I-I need sometime to think."Atticus said.

Cherry looked at him, curious of what he would choose. Atticus left the room to think about what he would choose.

"Atty! Atty!" Junior looked up at Atticus with a smile.

"Oh, hey, Junior."Atticus said as he reached down to the baby and began to ruffle his hair.

Junior cooed and babbled at him, smiling brightly.

"Little buddy, I need sometime alone to think." Atticus said.

"Okay!" Junior said, then giggled and crawled away to be with the puppies.

Atticus was now in the kitchen sitting at the table trying to figure out what to do. The triplets were far from Atticus, respecting his privacy. They were asking their brother thousands of questions of what it was like to be on the outside when he had been a house dog all his life like they had. And where he answered all of their questions.