Chapter Sixty-Six

Jay and I sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. He was still kissing and licking at my neck gently; there was nothing sexual or needy about it, it was just as if he was reminding himself I was real. 

"I love you, Kaidan," he murmured against my shoulder, rubbing his nose against one of the little marks he'd given me. 

"I'm never going to get tired of hearing you say that," I whispered, closing my eyes briefly. "I love you too."

"When I was younger..." he said thoughtfully, "I promised myself that I'd never fall in love, that I'd never have a proper relationship. I didn't want to have someone rely on me, let alone have to rely on them."

"What changed?"

"You," he said, looking up at me. "You were different from the beginning, made me feel... things. Things that I didn't want to feel."

"Do you regret taking me on?" I asked hesitantly, unsure whether I wanted to hear the answer.

"God, no," he chuckled, kissing me gently. "The only thing I regret is being such a dick to you... You don't deserve that."

"I understand why you did it," I told him with a little shrug."It's okay."

He nodded slightly and tightened his arms around me, pulling me flush against him. 

"So, are we going to go and get this tattoo? I'm hungry so we could go for breakfast too," I said, stroking his hair happily. 

He nodded in the crook of my neck and released me so I could get up. He held my hand as I stood, making me roll my eyes.

"I won't be long, I just need to get dressed," I said, trying to make him let go of me. 

"Can't I come with you?" he asked with a pout. 

I laughed slightly and nodded. He grinned widely and jumped up, sweeping me up in his arms suddenly. He headed through the hall to the bedroom.

"Jay!" I exclaimed, grabbing onto him. "Put me down!"

"Alright," he said with a cheeky grin as he dropped me onto the bed.

"You're a pain in the arse sometimes," I grumbled as I bounced on the creaking mattress.

"Only in yours," he teased, still grinning like an idiot as he crawled on top of me. 

I laughed and put my hands on his thighs when he sat back, straddling my hips. He was quiet for a few moments and looked thoughtful, trailing his fingertips over my still bare chest.

"What's wrong?" I asked, stroking over his legs. 

"I'm just thinking," he admitted with a shy smile.

"About what? You can't say that with a face like that and think I won't force you to tell me."

He smiled to himself, looking away briefly as if he was nervous. "I want you to move in with me."

I froze in surprise, staring up at him. Had he really...? But... Oh my God.

"I know this its quick and we said we'd take things slow but... I just don't want you to leave me and..."

"You think if we lived together, I wouldn't?" I guessed, finishing the sentence for him.

He nodded quietly. I reached up, taking hold of his face, and pulled him down to kiss me. He didn't hesitate in this, there was no shyness; he knew what he was doing here but feelings and emotions were an uncharted territory for him, something he'd never done before. I just wanted to bring him back to where he was comfortable.