Chapter Sixteen

My head hurt. A lot. Like I'd been hit with a hammer... I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. I buried my face in whatever I was lying on, trying to get away from the light. I lay still for a few moments before realising my cheek was pressed again muscular skin. My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly. Bad idea.

"Woah, careful," a soft voice said as a hand grabbed onto my arm to stop me falling. 

I slowly opened my eyes, relaxing when I saw it was Jay, and he still had his trousers on. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked hoarsely, rubbing my face. 

He smiled slightly, sitting up. "You asked me to stay."

"So you did?" His awkward nod and slight blush made me smile. 

"Someone needed to take care of you. Then you started cuddling and I just couldn't help myself."

My eyes widened in worry and surprise. "'Help yourself'?"

He smiled. 

"Nothing happened. Except for you making me take my shirt and tie off. Do you not remember?" he asked, sounding curious. 

I thought about it. I vaguely remembered getting home and being carried to bed. I did ask him to stay... The fact that he did made my heart melt. 

"A little..."

"Do you remember calling me hot?" he grinned, his usual cheeky self back.

I blushed. "Yes..."

"That was a surprise. But much appreciated."

"It was the first thing I thought when I saw you at the club..." I murmured, unsure why I was telling him.

"So you went to the toilets and jerked off?" he chuckled, making me blush more. 

"Shut up... But yeah..."

He grinned and lay down again. 

"You have a comfy bed," he said, snuggling into it and pulling the covers over him. 

I laughed slightly. "Do you want anything? Breakfast? Coffee?"

"No, it's okay. I've got a shoot later, I'll eat on location."

"What sort of shoot...?" I asked, slightly upset at the idea of him doing a porn scene.

"Just a photo shoot for some gay men's magazine. They've been asking for photos for a while."

"Are you just, like, the most popular guy in 'adult entertainment'?" The air quotes were included. 

He grinned up at me. "Probably not the most popular."

I rolled my eyes, enjoying this time with him. 

"Are you going to be okay today?" he asked, looking a little anxious.

I frowned. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Your friend last night...?" he trailed off, chewing on his bottom lip.

I felt brave and tugged his lip from between his teeth.

"Don't do that, you'll hurt yourself," I told him before I pecked his lips. 

He blushed slightly but did stop. 

"Don't worry about me, I'll be okay. If he doesn't like it, it's not his problem. He and his friends have been trying to get me laid since halfway through last year. They don't know I'm a... virgin," I said. He nodded a bit as if he understood. "That's why we were at the club the other day."

"Were they trying to get you to have a dance?" he asked. 

I nodded. "Yeah. I would have, just to make them happy, if the idea of... lady didn't make me want to throw up..."

He laughed at that, grinning widely. "You really are too cute for your own good. I remember feeling the same way before my first consensual time with a guy. I had a nervous breakdown."

The way he said 'consensual' made my smile fall and my heart drop in my chest. "Jay..."

He looked up at me, smiling. He took hold of my hand and squeezed it. 

"Don't pity me, Kaidan, it's in the past. I'm happy with my life as it is. As much as I wish it had never happened, I don't think I'd change it. I wouldn't have met the people I know now."

I was surprised by how well he coped talking about it. I nodded and dropped the subject, looking over at the clock.

"Shit! Shit, shit, shit!" I shouted, scrambling up out of bed and running to my wardrobe of clothes, quickly trying to find something to wear. 

"Are you late?" Jay asked. I glanced over at him, to see him sitting up, chest on full display. I blushed as I tore my eyes away.

"I will be. I'll have to run," I muttered as I pulled some clothes out of the wardrobe.

He laughed slightly before lying back down again. "I'll drive you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, about to start changing for the day. I blushed and held the clothes to my chest. "Look away..."

Jay rolled his eyes but pulled the covers over his head completely. I quickly changed into the new set of clothes, glad I'd showered last night because I didn't have time now. When I was done, Jay was still under the covers, making me smile. 

"Done," I told him.

He got up, pulling his shirt on and quickly buttoning it, doing the tie loosely around his neck. I grabbed my bag and the new phone. I took hold of Jay's hand, practically dragging him out of the apartment.

(A/N This chapter is dedicated to _SincerelyAna for her comment on the previous chapter that made me laugh so hard ~MacBeka)