Chapter Twenty One

"Holy shit. You're picking him over me!?" I asked in shock. "Well, you're acting insane." He shrugged.

"No, you wanna know what's insane? What's insane is that Jayden is trying to rape and kill my sister and if you don't believe me you can just ask Reilly herself. How dare you take his side when he is ruining my sisters life. I thought you were my best friend." I exclaimed nearly crying.

He paused for a second and looked at me, now understanding how much pain I was feeling.

"Look, I'm... Noah, I'm sorry." He sighed.

The teacher stepped in front of the class and began teaching. I was so upset that he would even consider taking Jayden's side over mine.

The bell rang and it was now lunch. I decided to sit with Robyn today because of everything going on with my regular friend group. Her friends really liked to talk and they were all super quirky and very kind. They were asking about prom mostly. A lot of them had dates too and they were going on and on about them. I really enjoyed her friends, they all had very interesting things to say.

"Have you bought your dress yet?" I asked Robyn. She looked at me and smiled.

"Yes, I bought it a while ago." She smiled.

"I'm sure you'll look beautiful." I shrugged.

"Thank you Noah." She smiled.

The bell rang and I made my way to class. I had English and today instead of sitting with Alex, I decided to sit with Robyn. In English were doing persuasive essays. Robyn and I talked almost the whole time and it was amazing. I could feel Alex and his other friends constantly looking over at me and I tried my best to ignore them.

English went by quickly and it was finally time for the last class of the day, which for me was History. I walked into class with Robyn and sat down with her. At this point my head was killing me and I felt so faint but I pushed through it.

Class went by slowly but it was now the end of the day, which meant I was heading home. I started to walk when Robyn caught up to me. She didn't live far from me so we walked together for a few minutes.

"How are you doing Noah?" She asked.

"Fine, you?" I sighed.

"I'm fine as well. How's your head been?" She asked.

I sighed.

"Honestly, pretty bad. I don't like the constant headache or the insanely strained eyes. It's really bad." I shrugged.

"Oh, well that's no good." She sighed.

I shook my head.

"I hope you get better before the prom. I want you to enjoy it without having to worry about too much noise or the flashing lights." She sighed.

"Me too." I sighed.

We stopped at the crosswalk which led to her street and she turned around to look at me with a huge smile on her face.

"Once again, I want to thank you for inviting me to the prom." She smiled.

"Robyn, I've liked you since the day I moved here." I smiled in return.

"Really?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Honestly at first I thought you'd just be another jockey douche bag, but Noah you are the sweetest boy I know." She smiled.

She placed her hand on my cheek and and kissed me. She pulled away, turned around and crossed the street.

"Bye Noah, I'll see you tomorrow." She waved from the other side of the road.

I waved back. I continued walking and finally got home. I sat on the couch and smiled to myself. My mom came out of her office to fill her water bottle.

"Is Reilly home?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's up in her room." She nodded.

I walked upstairs and knocked on her door, there was no answer so I decided to let myself in. I was welcomed to an empty room and I was confused. My first thought was that maybe she was in the bathroom, so I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Reilly?" I asked.

There was no answer. That's when I started to worry. I walked back down the stairs.

"She's not up there." I exclaimed trying to keep myself calm.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"She's not up there." I repeated.

"Can you please call her?" She asked frantically.

I nodded and dialled her number into my phone. Nothing. What the hell was happening?