15. Clubbing with Jenny

Start from the beginning

"Yeah yeah!! that's true. I never-" Stacy started but was cut off by David

"Enough guys! how can you be saying shit about Kathryn! what exactly is your problem?"

I sat there and listened to how they continuously argued about me as if I wasn't there.

"Kathryn how can you not be bothered about what they are saying?"

"F*ck whatever they think, I have no desire to clear sh*t. Moreover, rumours don't define who I am" I replied shrugging

"At least you should say something to defend yourself"

"My mom said and I quote 'whatever people say about you is none of your business'. To be very honest they are pushing my buttons but I'm gonna keep ignoring them because I have a reputation to protect"

"I knew you were a smart girl!. Alice and Stacy if I were you I'd keep my mouth shut" Jenny said glaring at both of them. She turned towards me and added "Kathryn darling, how about we go to club tonight?. Just me and you though, we don't want the company of some dumb bimbos"

I laughed loudly and smacked her arm playfully "No problem babe"

"I'll be at your house by 7 o' clock"

"Okay"

*******

When I went back to my office, a mail from my boss graced my arrival. I took my position in my chair and pulled the laptop towards me but not to close to strain my eyes. With my fingers, I navigated the cursor around the screen and opened the mail.

📩📩📩📩
•File 305 contains the names and contact of all the investors. Arrange them in alphabetical order and bring it to me when you're done•

"That's a whole lot of work ".. I murmured to myself.

Three hours later, I was finally done. I stood up and sat down immediately, I felt numb because my legs refused to function.

You know that feeling you get when you sit down in one position for too long?

That was exactly how I felt.

I stretched my legs and my hands before I finally made my way to my boss' office and stepped in but not before hearing a 'come in'

" This is the file sir. I'm done" I said and carefully placed the file on his desk.

He picked it up roughly and scanned through all the pages.

"Good" he simply said

"Is there anything el-" I started but he cut me off

"You're done for the day, you nay leave" he said sternly with no sign of emotion on his face.

" I'll see you tomorrow" I said smiling

He looked at me and held my gaze for a second before he went back to his work.

"Have a nice night" I said again

He completely ignored my comment and continued his work.

************************

"Damn it Katy, hurry up. By the time we get to the club it'll be shut".

I rolled my eyes and pulled my tight black dress over my body. Jesus this is too tight.

After battling with the dress for about 7 minutes I finally managed to get it pressed down against my curves. I smoothen out all the creases and neaten out my messed up hair and ensure my makeup was still looking good.