🕵 T w e n t y F i v e

Start from the beginning

When he finished talking, he could see that the doctor was extremely confused. He'd been trying to keep up but it was almost impossible. So rather than have him repeat all that, he decided to take his word for it.

"Okay, Mr. Styles. I understand. But here's the thing. Normal visiting hours are eleven a.m. to eight p.m. the only reason I am allowing this now is because he is asking to see someone after all that's happened. Therefore, only one or two may see him briefly before we have him rest. Everyone else is welcome to wait here until eleven o'clock or come back at that time since that is a good ten hours from now. Oh, and no children at this time please."

"That's fine. We can cooperate with that. What room?"

"Three twenty two. Knock twice before entering."

"Yes sir."

The doctor walked away after a simple head nod and Harry looked at everyone in the room. Clearly almost everyone wanted to see Zayn. Well, at least everyone except Louis who was the only one who didn't stand up when everyone else was racing to be the first out of the waiting room. But Harry knew he had to make a wise choice.

"I hate to choose but I do think it's only appropriate that I take Patricia in there with me, since we are his husband and mother."

"We understand." Niall said. "It is very appropriate. We'll just come back at eleven. But what about Charlie and Nema? They should be sleeping in a comfy bed."

"Yes. I know. Do you think you could..."

"Keep them for a couple more days?"

"Yes."

"Absolutely. Anything you need. Just ask. And that goes for even after we leave. My phone will be on."

"Thanks, Niall."

"Of course. We'll be back around lunchtime."

He and Gwen took Maura and Harry's kids and got ready to leave. So Gemma, Ruben, Marie and Hannah decided it was time to leave too.

They quietly left and all that was left besides Harry and Patricia was Carla, Liam, Louis and Louis' children. As Louis was ushering the girls to leave, Liam came over to Harry and spoke in a low tone."

"I actually don't mind staying. You'll probably need some support too."

"No. I'm fine. You obviously have some things to tend to."

"What? What do you mean?"

Harry didn't say anything. He simply gestured Carla's way.

Liam half smiled. "How did you know?"

"Come on, Liam. Remember I secretly dated Zayn before it was made public. I know when a touch or a look is different. Plus you've been very outwardly supportive of her. Don't think I did not pick up on the way you were offended for her that day after the conference room meeting."

Now he fully smiled. "No wonder you're so damn good at your job."

Harry patted his shoulder. "And we can brag about me later. For now, take her home and get some rest. I assure you Zayn will not know about you and Carla until Carla is ready to tell him."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." Then he faced Patricia. "Are you ready to see him?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

They headed to the room together and knocked twice before entering. Patricia hadn't been long finished crying. But the second she saw Zayn's bruised face, she bawled again.