🕵 T w e n t y

Mulai dari awal

When Patricia said that, it was like a relief came over Marie and she relaxed.

"You too?"

"What do you mean? You've been worried too?"

"Yes. I think Mr. Malik and Mr. Styles may have split and just don't want to tell anyone."

Patricia frowned. "What? Split. But why? I thought everything was going good."

"Really?"

"Yes. Zayn gave me no indication of them fighting or having any problems when he called about wanting me to come visit."

"But hasn't he been staying there with you at the penthouse?"

"No. I haven't seen him or talked to him since I got off the plane. It's been five days. That's why I'm worried. On top of that, Harry's been saying some strange things about him that are unlike him. I know my son. He was just excited about having me come visit and yet refuses to see me or call me? No. He wouldn't suddenly change like that."

Worry came over Marie and she exhaled nervously. "Alright. Clearly something is going on. Meet me in the living room. I'm going to pull Hannah away from the kids. She'll want to hear this too."

Patricia made her way to the living room where she sat on the couch. Then she took out her phone and dialed up Niall. He answered fairly quickly.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I'm here. It looks like Marie has also had some concerns about Zayn. I want you on the phone so we can try to figure out what's going on together.

"That's fine. I'm available for a little while."

"Great."

A short while later, Hannah and Marie came into the living room.

"Marie told me what you said?" Hannah said. "What else?"

"Niall. Tell them what you told me earlier."

"Okay. I've been trying to get in touch with Zayn over the past week. But his phone has been going straight to voicemail. At first, I didn't worry too much about it, but we both made plans to ride together to pick our mothers up from the airport. So I called Harry to ask him where Zayn was and why he wasn't answering his phone. He said he had no idea where Zayn was because he was out. Then he told me Zayn wasn't coming with me to pick up our mothers."

The three women looked amongst themselves. "And then what, Niall?"

"I told him to tell Zayn to give me a call when he saw him. But apparently he never did because I never got a call. The next day, you and I showed up at his house and that's when he said Zayn dropped his phone in a lake."

"Right. And that was supposedly why it kept going to voicemail."

"Yes. But how does someone forget a cellphone was dropped in a lake? And even so, why have they yet to replace Zayn's cellphone or why hasn't Zayn at least called me from work? Something isn't right."

Marie sat down on the couch. "So... as far as you know, where was Mr. Malik supposed to have been staying this past week?"

"There with his family. With Harry and the kids like he always does."

"Me too." Patricia said.

"What about you guys?" Niall asked.

"Well... honestly. I don't know." Hannah said. "And that's what Marie and I were just talking about before Ms. Malik came by. I usually don't like to be nosy but things have been quite out of place here. So much so that I was starting to get really worried. I even confronted Mr. Styles about it but he completely brushed it off. So today, I decided to overstep my boundaries a bit and ask the children where their daddy was because I haven't seen him in a week. Nema said Mr. Styles told them Mr. Malik was away on a business trip."