🕵 F i f t e e n

Börja om från början

"Well, it seems like it. I don't think my son would ever make a decision like that on his own. Not unless someone was forcing him to."

Harry was taken back by that. He couldn't believe she said that. And he was so offended that for a moment he actually forgot that he was the one lying to her.

"Wait. Are you trying to say that you think I'm telling Zayn not to call you?"

"You are. He would never treat me this way without a reason."

"You're wrong."

"Then tell him to call me."

"I can't do that."

"Exactly! Because you are the one who is doing this! Who do you think you are? We may not be as rich as you or live extravagant lives like you or have all the money in the world like you do but we still give him so much. You can't control him or keep him from speaking to his friends and family."

"I'm not doing that."

"You are! And for some reason, he's letting you do it. What did you do? Throw his phone out? Hide it? Hm?"

"No ma'am."

He could hear her start to cry.

"Zayn trusts that you only want the best for him and he loves you. You know that very well and you decided to take advantage of it. You should be very ashamed of yourself."

"Ms. Malik-"

But he couldn't say what he wanted to say because she hung up the phone. He tried to call her back. But there was no answer. He figured she was probably crying her eyes out right now.

Obviously the last thing he wanted to do was to hurt Zayn's mother with a lie like that. But he didn't know what else to do. He couldn't tell her the truth. She was his mother and her motherly instincts might get Zayn killed. The second she found out her son had been kidnapped, she would absolutely go to the police. She would not think once to trust him to get Zayn back on his own.

But Harry couldn't take that chance. He didn't want to leave Zayn's life in anyone else's hands but his. And selfish though it may be, his mind would not allow him to think any other way.

The only good part about Zayn's mother being mad at him, was that he didn't have to worry about her calling him back anytime soon. But that didn't mean it was the end of Harry having to endure crying. Because when Hannah came home with Charlie and Nema later in the afternoon, Nema was crying and very upset.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked her. "Did something happen at school?"

"I miss Daddy. Where is daddy?"

He paused for a moment and ran a hand through his hair. "I told you already."

"But daddy never leaves this long. I want him back!"

She started to jump up and down and throw a full on tantrum. But Harry was not moved by it at all. "Nema, we are all suffering here. Not just you. I already told you where he is.  When he comes home, you'll see."

Still, she continued to cry. Whenever there was a business trip, it never lasted more than three days. Even more so, her parents always went together and either left her and her brother at Uncle Niall's house or at Aunt Gemma's house. But neither of those things had taken place. So clearly something was very wrong.

"Where is he, Pa? Where did daddy go?"

Marie had heard all the commotion and came into the living room now. When Harry saw her, he knew he couldn't say too much more. Not when he knew he told her and the children two different things.