🕵 F o u r t e e n

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay. I'm stopping."

Louis was still coughing and rubbing his neck but he called the girls over to him.

"Girls, Girls. Come here. Everything is okay."

"He hurt you." One of them said.

"No... No. We were just play wrestling. That's all."

"That's all?"

"Yeah. That's all. But I'll tell you what. Why don't you three go cook in your play kitchen while daddy talks to the visitors, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay, daddy."

"Make me something tasty."

"Yeah."

The girls started to walk away and Louis waited until they disapeared to scowl at Harry.

"What the hell is your problem? You come banging on my fucking door asking me about Zayn and then you try to kill me in front of my girls?"

"I... I'm sorry."

"That's all you have to say? I should call the police right now."

"Believe it or not, it wouldn't be the first time I've been threatened like that today." He mumbled.

Louis folded his arms. "Why are you here and why are you asking me about Zayn?"

"You don't know where he is?"

"No. I don't. Luckily it isn't my job to keep up with him. What did he do? Run out on you and take all your money?"

"No. He didn't."

"Well, that's a surprise."

"Louis."

"I can't believe you tried to kill me."

"I know, I know. And I'm sorry. I was in the heat of the moment. I'm all flustered and confused. I- I don't know."

He grasped at his hair and Louis looked down at the yellow envelope that had been thrown at him.

"Confused enough to throw that in my face?"

He picked up the envelope and held it close. "Yeah, Sorry. If you don't know where Zayn is, it's not for you."

Louis was looking at him curiously. He could see in Harry's eyes that he hadn't gotten much sleep. He looked awful.

"Hey, why don't you come into the living room and sit down. You look stressed."

"No. I can't sit. I can't rest."

"Yes you can."

Harry faced Amos. "No. I said I don't need to."

"Yes you do and you will. Do you see this?" He held up his arms so Harry could see the back of them. There were scrape marks up and down them. "Unless you want me to sock you in the nose, then you'll sit down and get yourself together. You hear me?"

Harry wasn't afraid of being socked in the nose but he did feel really bad about hurting him. That wasn't his intention at all.

"Okay. I guess I'll sit."

"Good. Living room is this way."

Amos and Harry sat down on the couch while Louis went to get glasses of water for them.

Harry sighed. "How did you know it wasn't him?"

Amos sat back on the couch but the pain had him quickly sitting up again. "Because you were given a clue."