Chapter Twenty-One: The Prom

Începe de la început

"Daniella Swan, you know just as well as I do that you and Jasper are meant to be together. Have you not been paying attention to your visions? You've always found each other. Throughout all these years you have found each other over and over again. Don't doubt yourself because of this life's past events. You are made for him, Dani. Handcrafted specifically for him. Just like he was for you. Now," Alice said taking her hands off of Daniella's shoulders, a slight smirk on her face once again, "take the dress and wear it to prom with your boyfriend."

    Daniella couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. She shook her head slightly and went to take the dress bag off, but was stopped before she reached the zipper.

"Nope. It's a suprise, but I know you'll both love it." Alice smiled before skipping off back to the Cullen's. Dani saw that Edward and Jasper were talking and couldn't help the rush of nerves that occured through her. She bit her lip, a nervous tick she had developed in middle school, as she watched how tense Jasper had seemed. Daniella knew immediately that Edward had told him.

    Daniella turned and put the dress in the cab of the truck, but when she turned back around she was suddenly trapped between the truck and a body. She gasped softly before she looked up seeing the familiar brown eyes she had come to love from all the times she had lost herself in them.

"Jazz, what the-" Daniella had started to say, but she was cut off by Jasper.

"Do you really feel like Alice is better than you?" Jasper asked, a pained expression on his face. Daniella looked down at her hands and she bit at her lip nervously. She didn't want to answer. But she nodded her head in confirmation.

"Daniella, look at me." Jasper's voice was soft, but stern as he kept his arms on each side of Daniella's body, his hands resting on the truck behind her. She lifted her head and gazed back into the brown depths of Jasper's eyes.

"I love you. There is no one else and there never will be anyone else. I have waited for you time after time and not once have I ever loved anyone as much as I love you, Dani. You have to understand that what I feel for you is real and only meant for you. You're my little Southern Bell, my Daniella Swan. Alice is my friend, my sister. She found me when I was at my weakest and told me that I would find the one I was looking for. That she had seen it. She said that she would have the brightest smile and that I would fall in love with it instantly." Jasper spoke lifting a hand off of the car to caress his thumb lightly over her bottom lip, "She would have big, beautiful, honey-brown eyes that I would get lost in everytime I looked into them." His thumb moved to caress the top of her cheek bone as he cupped her cheek in his ice-cold hand, "She would have beautiful, long, brown hair that fell down her back in effortless waves." He spoke moving a peice of her hair away from her face a small smile falling onto his lips, "She'd have an attitude that was bound to catch my attention the moment I was to meet her." He laughed a breathy laugh. Daniella rolled her teary eyes as she nudged him the slightest at the back handed 'complement'. "And that I would fall in love with her all at once. As if it was what I was put on this earth to do." Jasper leaned down resting his forehead against hers, nudging his nose against her's lightly then making their lips brush together softly. "And I did. That day I saw you, in the cafeteria, I fell. I fell so hard I lost my breath, Daniella." Jasper admitted, he had let down his walls and Dani could, for the first time, see that he was just as vulnerable to her as she was to him.

    Daniella let out a shakey breath looking into his eyes for a moment, before she shut her eyes and leaned up and connected their lips, her hands reaching up to get tangled in his blond hair and as they separated, she could feel the tingling of his touch on her lips. She bit her bottom lip leaning her head back to look up at him as she continued to play with his hair.