Chapter Sixteen: The Kiss

Jessica, Eric and Angela stood in the parking lot of their high school, mindlessly chatting about the theme for prom this year. Angela, as per usual, was taking pictures for an editorial in the school newspaper. As she scans across the parking lot looking through her digital camera, she stopped and pulled the camera away from her face.

"Oh my god." She spoke, the ironic and humorous tone was evident to the rest of the group. As the rest of the parking lot seemed to finally spot what Angela had seen first.

    Across the parking lot, the Cullen's had arrived in there usual spots. However, this time things were different. The school's two most eligible bachelors now had their arm around one of the two Swan twins. Edward's arm was around the neck of Isabella Swan proudly showing off the young girl to the rest of the school.

    Jasper has his arm around the shorter, brunette, Daniella's, waist. Seemingly, possessive and admirable at the same time. Both Jasper and Edward walked with their respective twin knowing that they would not go unnoticed by the students of Forks High School.

"They're all staring." Dani glared at the few people she could as they walked by them.

"Not all of them, that girl only looked." He smirked, moving his arm to sit on her shoulder's. Daniella rolled her eyes and wrapped and arm around Jasper's back and held his hand that was wrapped around her shoulders.

"I don't care. I have a year left in this hell hole, might as well make it worth my wild." Dani smirked as they made their way through the school doors.

~•~

    Isabella and Daniella made their way toward the little Dinner where they would be eating with their Father as usual. As they got closer they ran into Mike.

"Aye, Arizona! So, you and Cullen," he spoke, looking directly at Bella, "I-I don't like it. It's just.. he looks at you like your something to eat." Dani could tell that Bella was offended by what he'd said and that kind of pissed her off.

"Well, then I guess it's a good thing that no one asked for your damn opinion on the subject, huh?" Daniella sassed to Mike, pulling Bella with her past him and into the small Dinner. "Geez, the nerve of that kid." Dani was livid. It was none of Mike's business who Bella was with.

"Dani, it's fine. I don't care." Bella said, as they made their way to sit with Charlie.

"That's not the point, Bells, and you know it." Dani finished as they sat down to eat.

"Hey girls! Bella, I got you the garden burger. Dani, I got you the fruit platter." Charlie told them.

    Daniella was a little surprised that Charlie remembered she doesn't really eat meat. It had been like this since she was fifteen, she just stopped eating it and started eating fruits and vegetables. Charlie never showed that he knew. Daniella had always ordered things for herself. Dani was happy that he knew. She looked over to Charlie and smiled.

"Thanks, Ch-Dad." Daniella corrected herself, she figured that if she was going to be staying here for a while she might as well start warming up to everyone.

    Charlie was caught of guard by the name Daniella had called him. It had been a while since she'd used it. She and Isabella had began calling him Charlie a little while after he and their mother, Renee, had gotten their divorce. It caused a small smile to etch its way onto his face.

    Bella was confused on why she called him Dad. She looked over at her sister with furrowed brows, but Daniella was distracted by the people outside. Bella wondered what the sudden change was about, but decided to leave the conversation for another time.