Chapter Nine: The Dream

A/N: Just saw that chapter one has over 100 reads and I am ecstatic right now guy! By the way this is the song mentioned at the bottom.

    It was lunch and Dani had just walked through the cafeteria doors with Isabella. The sister's, unknowingly to each other, both let their eyes drift over to the table of Cullen's. Daniella's face stayed blank as she saw that none of them even bothered to look their way. Dani let out a heavy sigh as she made her way to their usual table with Eric, Mike, Jessica and Angela. She set her bag down in a seat and tuned into the conversation between Bella and the group.

"La Push, baby!" Eric said.

"I'll go if you stop saying that." Bella said a small laugh mixed with it. Dani rolled her eyes and walked over to the lunch bar for something to eat. She knew better than to think she would get asked to go as well, she was always over looked. Why would that suddenly change now?

    Daniella made her way over to the food bar and was disappointed by the choices of food being served, so she settled for a bottle of flavored water and an apple. But as she went to pick up the apple, she heard Jasper from beside her.

"Strawberry Kiwi flavored?" He spoke. His voice smooth and inviting, however unexpected it was. Daniella's apple fell toward the floor, but was caught in Jasper's hand, almost as smooth as the way he spoke. The small smile, that seemed foriegn to his features, was becoming more fitting on him recently.

"Thanks...but your mood swings are starting to give me whiplash." Daniella said taking the apple and turning away from him to pay for the items she'd picked out.

"I said that we should not be friends, not that I didn't want to be." Jasper admitted, softly as he stood behind her.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" She asked slightly irritated by the brown-eyed man. She heard Jasper let out a sigh making her turn to him to finish their conversation.

"It means that if you were smart, you would avoid me at all cost." Dani watched as Jasper sent a subtle glance in the direction of his inhumanly beautiful siblings, who were waiting for him at their table. Daniella also noticed the group she sat with every day watching them intently.

"So, let's say I'm not smart then. Would you tell me the truth this time?" Daniella asked looking directly into Jasper's eyes. Jasper smiled softly.

"Probably not. I'd rather hear your theories." He spoke, a slighty teasing tone to his words.

"Fine..what about radioactive spiders? Kryptonite?" Daniella listed. Jasper gave Daniella a challenging look.

"You're speaking of superheroes. What if I'm not the hero of this story? What..what if I'm the bad guy?" Jasper asked, his gaze never faltering from his deep stare into Daniella's eyes.

    Daniella shook her head slightly, looking down at the items in her hand, before taking a step closer to Jasper and looking into his eyes once again.

"I don't believe that. You are not bad. You can be a dick sometimes, yeah, but it's somehow like a...mask. To keep people away from you."

    Jasper was suprised by her honesty, but at the same time he was drawn to her. Maybe even more than before.

"Look, why don't we just hang out?" Daniella asked. "Bella and her friends are going to the beach, not that I was invited or anything, but we can crash...if you're willing." She offered. "It would be fun. Wind burn. Salt water burning your eyes." Daniella smilled softly as she watched Jasper hold back the smile that wanted to creep onto his face.

"Which beach would that be?" Jasper asked considering the offer. Daniella was surprised that he would even want to.

"Um, La Push, I think." She said.

    Jasper's smile fell almost as quick as it appeared.

"Is there a problem with that beach?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing slightly. She watched as Jasper glanced over at his siblings before looking back at her.

"Just a little over crowded. " He said walking away toward his table.

    Dani sighed to herself and went back to her own table ignoring the questions being asked of her. She was too busy wondering why Jasper's eyes seemed darker then they were before.

~•~

    Daniella ended up not going to La Push with Isabella. She didn't see the point. She wasn't the one invited to go. Bella had asked her to go with her, but Dani told her to go have fun.

"Someone has to make Charlie dinner, or he'll probably get takeout again." Dani joked half heartedly. Bella smilled, unconvinced, but she went.

    Turns out Charlie had night shift, so Daniella was alone. She decided to just take a nap for a while. She'd been extremely tired lately and thought she was due some rest.

    As she laid, her sleep was plagued with nightmares entirely centered around a certain dirty-blonde with piercing, blood-red eyes and a set glare to match.

    Daniella gasped as she sprung up in her bed. Her eyes wide and frantic. She spotted a dark figure in the corner of the room. However, she sat frozen, staring at the figure for a few seconds before she shut her eyes and reopened them a few seconds later. She no longer saw the figure lurking in the dark.

    Daniella's heavy breathing was the only sound heard throughout her bedroom. Knowing that sleep was far from her now she grabbed her laptop from her night stand and opened it quickly. As the brightness of the screen blinded her momentarily, she turned it down quickly and put in her password.

Burwell

    It was the writer of her favorite musical piece to play on the piano. As Daniella got to the search bar, she immediately typed in 'red eyes legends' and clicked on the first link shown on the page. Not knowing just how much she will soon find.