Chapter Thirty Seven: Too Far Gone

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov ━━━━━━┓

" How are we going to tell him ?"

I looked up to my father, asking him how he was going to tell Daryl that Carol was kicked out of the group. I knew he would take it wrong since Carol was like a best friend to him, but it was what had to be done. I felt a little bit of guilt myself over the departure of Carol. She has been with us since the very beginning, and now we had abandoned her. I knew it was for the better. After seeing Tyreese attack Dad and Daryl for no reason, I knew it would be worst on her.

Dad shook his head." Daryl should hear this from me. I'm the one that sent her off." He said, and I stopped him.

" I understand that, but sometimes you have to let me do the talking." I said, looking over to him." I feel if I'm at least there, I can calm him down quickly. You know what ?" I laughed." Why am I even asking? Like you could stop me."

" You know, I was thinking the same thing," Dad admitted nodding his head and opening the gate for me. I walked in and made my way to Cell Block C, knowing by now, Daryl had finished taking a shower.

He looked up to us before frowning." Hey, is everything okay ?"

" We need to tell you something," I said and looked to Dad, seeing he swallowed.

" Carol killed Karen and David, so I send her out of the prison," Dad explained, studying Daryl's face. Not even I could read it, seeing it went four different directions quickly.

" What? You didn't talk to the council about this !" He yelled while I quickly placed my hand on his chest.

" There was no council here to have a meeting," I said, seeing the tears slowly make it to his eyes.

" It couldn't have been her." He denied.

" She told me and everything," Dad said, seeing the realization hit his face.

" Man, you couldn't have waited till we got back ?"

" Until Tyreese got back ?" I asked, knowing he knew better.

He looked at me before nodding his head." I could've handled that." Daryl huffed, leaning over the rails.

" I know, but we couldn't risk another person getting hurt or Tyreese potentially killing someone. You saw how he was." I answered before turning to my Dad." What are we supposed to do with Lizzie and Mika ?"

" I told her we'd look after them." Dad said, and I nodded, knowing some how to responsibility was going to fall on Mom or me." I haven't told Tyreese yet."

" I'll go. I don't know how he'll take it."

" Let's go find out," Dad said, nodding his head and placing his hand on his waist band.

I grabbed Daryl's hand walking down the stairs feeling guilty," I'm sorry I didn't tell you last night."

" I understand." He said moving his arm around me and kissing the side of my head." If Tyreese takes this lightly, we can go find her."

" I like that." I said following after Dad into the tombs.

" Tyreese. You down here?" Dad echoed.

" Rick, that you?" He called out racing towards us in a state of panic." You guys got to see this."

Dad frowned," Can we take a beat? There's something we need to talk about."

" It can wait. Come on." Tyreese begged and I turned my flashlight on following him. He rounded the corner nudging his head."Look."