3.

Chapter 3 |

I was thinking about Shawn and what his problem was with me.

Did he hear something about me from someone? Or me being a girl who cuts hair actually pisses him off .

I just didn't understand. I think it's something way deeper than that and one day I'm going to know what the hell is his deal.

Luckily, don't have work there since it's Monday, but I do still have a job at Rue21 so I got up just as my door opens.

"Shy, I heard you got into a fight girl. What for?," Dave said pulling me back down on the couch.

Dave is Keisha husband.

"Cause this guy called a girl up there to fight me because he don't like that I work up there and the fact I have titties and wear makeup."

"Titties, what titties?," DD asked.

Everybody looked at me screamed as I flicked her off and punching Mali for laughing too.

"What us to go up there and see what the fuss is about him?," Leon said patting his waist.

"Nah, that's just going to make things worst. But I'm about to go to work so... if y'all don't mind," I pointed to the door.

"Girl boo, we staying here as long as we want," Sky laughed.

I ignored her going to put my work clothes on as I got a text.

From: Unknown
~ ??
Sent @2:39pm

Who the hell is this ?

To: Unknown
~ eh who is this and how did you get my number ?
Sent @2:39pm

From: Unknown
~ This Jr, I got it from Pete, meet me at the park across the street from the shop in 10
Sent @2:42pm

To: Unknown
~ I have work at 4 so better make it snappy.
Sent @2:50pm

What the hell does he want to talk about? I walked downstairs to Keisha looking at me laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Girl why you got them old ass work clothes on?"

"Girl what is you talking about old I have work today."

Sky laughed, "Baby, no you don't. We called up there and told them you quit."

I eyed Mali because I know she had something to do with this.

"What? They said they was going to tell you."

"28 day notice. Have your shit packed and out my house," I reminded her.

"You know my name is on the papers to right?"

I flicked her off going back upstairs to changed. I got another text from Jr.

From: Jr 💕
- wya?I'm here
Sent @3:20pm

To: Jr 💕
~ omw now.
Sent @3:24

I scattered down the stairs saying bye as I ran to my car. For some reason my mind is desperate to know what he wants to talk about. Especially since nobody talks to me at work, literally nobody including him. Unless it's Shawn fucking with me. I sat on the bench as he walked up to me bouncing his ball.

"Where you work?"

"Rue21."

"Then why you ain't go they work uniform on?," He side-lip me.

"Turns out I quitted without knowing." I laughed

"Huh?"

"Long story, but what did you call me here for?"

"Well, wanted to get to know you. Everybody at the shop treat you like trash so I decided to be your friend."

"So... this isn't you actually wanting to be my friend. This is sympathy and feeling bad because how everybody treats me." I corrected him.

"What no, I think your dope... not gonna lie. I was a little jealous that you were a girl and could do something better than me I've been doing my whole life," He shrugged.

I nodded letting him continue, "But I learned to live with it and support you since we both work in the same place. So here I am." He smiled spreading his arms out.

I laughed nodded going to an swing, "Well what you want to know?"

"Your life, tell me all about you," He followed sitting on the sidewalk looking up to me.

"Well, I'm from Minnesota... um, graduated college with my bachelors degree. I-

"Wait wait, you went to college? And you have your bachelors degree?"

I nodded laughing.

"Well why the hell you work at the shop?"

"Rather enjoy doing what I love as a job."

He nodded, "Interesting."

"Um I'm the youngest out of my siblings, and I have a roommate who is my bestfriend," I smiled.

He smirked, "Your love life?"

"Don't have one, haven't had a boyfriend since I was 18."

His eyes widened, "If you don't mind me asking are you a um," He cleared his throat.

"A virgin?," I laughed.

He nodded.

"No."

"Good, I mean not good but like that's good for you."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I nodded laughing, "Yeah."

"Now tell me something about you," I grabbed his hand sitting him on the swing as I sat on the sidewalk.

"What this the talking chair?," He laughed.

I nodded, "Corny," He responded.

"But I was and raised here, I'm 23. I did go to college but it wasn't my style. I use to be in a gang but after my brother died I decided to make a change."

"Sorry about your brother."

"No biggy," He shrugged.

"You know my older brother died too."

"Really? If you don't mind me asking how."

"Drug overdose," I whispered. He looked at me giving a soft smile.

"Mines did from an addiction to heroine."

"Guess we have a little in common," I smiled.

"Yeah, we do. It's fucked up it's negative things but it's okay," He smiled.

I got up wiping my butt as he helped me up. We were walking back to our cars when my stomach growled.

"Woah, was that you?," He laughed.

I ignored him smiling from embarrassment.

"I know this great burger joint a couple blocks away. Want to go?," He offered.

"Sure."

"My car. Whoever get here last pays."

My eyes widened as I took off. I heard him coming closer but I was already there.

"Forgot to tell you, I ran track," I laughed.

"Whatever, Get In."