Katrine frowned at the sights that befell her eyes. Oh, Five.

Chuck let out a sigh. "I'm inclined to agree."

Patch glanced at the young deputy. "What do you think happened?"

"From the looks of it, they went after each other."

Patch studied the weapons. "Same gun on every vic. All in fours. All the casings are 223s. Know what I think? I think these idiots all shot each other."

Chuck sighed again. "And stabbed. You know, one in the throat, one in the eye, and this guy got his neck snapped. All quick and efficient kills."

Patch frowned. "These guys were definitely professionals. Dumb, but professionals. Any witnesses?"

Katrine nodded as Chuck said, "Yes. One. Happened during her shift."

Patch let out a sigh. "Well that's lousy luck." She and Katrine made their way to a woman in a pink dress and hat and white apron sitting at a booth next to the window. "Ma'am, I'm Detective Patch, and this is Deputy Hargreeves."

The woman smiled at them. "Hi. Agnes; Agnes Rofa. Oh, I don't know, did you want a last name?"

Patch smiled. "We'll take it if you'll give it. Did you see what happened here?"

Agnes shook her head. "Not exactly."

Katrine gave her a small smile. "Tell us what you know."

Patch nodded. "Well, let's start at the top."

Agnes began her reiteration of the night. "Well, it was a slow night. Quiet. My last two customers were this older guy and his kid. The guy had a doughn--no, that's not right. The guy had an eclair and the kid had a coffee. I--I went into the back room to just get some more change. But then I heard his truck start up. They drove away. I heard shots. And by the time I got back in here, everyone was--was you know--"

Katrine put a comforting hand on Agnes' shoulder as Patch asked, "Was there anyone else in the shop?"

Agnes shook her head. "No, I--I don't think so. I'm sorry, not to be rude. You two seem super sweet, but do I have to go through all this again?"

"Again?" Patch and Katrine questioned.

"I already told the other detective."

Patch looked at the waitress questioningly. "What other detective?"

As they stepped out of the restaurant, Katrine said, "I bet it's my brother."

"I wouldn't put it past him."

Sure enough, as they rounded the back, they came face-to-face with Diego. He frowned. "Shit. Hang on. Let me just--"

Patch tased him before he could say another word.

Katrine frowned at her. "Excuse me, that's my brother."

"Your brother was poking his nose in our crime scene; where it doesn't belong."

When Diego recovered enough, Katrine handcuffed his hands behind him. Diego sighed. "Really, Kat?"

"Don't come onto my crime scene, D."

Patch nodded at her friend's words. "You don't talk to our witnesses. Understand?"

Diego glanced at them. "Let me catch you up to speed, Eudora. Katrine."

"Don't call me that." Patch said.

"Right. Detective Patch. We're keeping it professional. Deputy Hargreeves."