XI

Wednesday, 8:15 A.M. (again)

Four of the Hargreeves siblings stood around the bar while they debated what they should do. Katrine stood further away from them, staring out the window and jumped when she heard a crashing sound. She turned to see Five lying on the bar top. She walked over to him and started wiping off his uniform.

Five instantly sat up and mentally cursed himself. He met Katrine's eyes as she asked, "Are you okay? God, what happened to you?"

He nodded. "I'm fine. We need everyone. Right now."

She sighed. "Another family meeting. Cool."

Katrine frowned, seeing that Vanya wasn't there. She made a mental note to recap the meeting to Vanya.

Moments later, Five started the meeting. "So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save the world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther replied.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously." Five said sarcastically. "So if you don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us?"

"He should be a motivational speaker. I'd listen to him."

Katrine laughed at Ben's words and Five gave her a look before continuing, "No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." He lifted a folded piece of paper into the air. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

Allison grabbed the note from Five's hand. She opened it up and Katrine peeked over the front of Allison to read it.

Reassignment: Protect Harold Jenkins.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison questioned.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego questioned from his spot behind the bar.

Five looked between his siblings and threw his hands into the air. "I don't know. Yet. But I do know he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked with a frown.

Five glanced down and admitted, "I don't know."

From the look he was giving, Katrine could tell he wasn't lying.

Diego narrowed his eyes. "Wait. So you just know his name? That's it? There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city."

"Well, we better start looking then." Five answered sarcastically.

Allison frowned. "Wait. Am I the only one who's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah. I think Kat and I remember those guys." Klaus piped up.

Katrine nodded. "They're not hard to forget when they pulled the coward's shot."

Diego glanced at his little sister before narrowing his eyes at Five. "Yeah, the ones who attacked us and kidnapped our brother and sister, and almost killed her, while you were out getting drunk."

Five looked apologetically at Katrine before answering, "Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps of Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on earth."

"The Temps what?" Allison questioned.

"The Temps of Commission." Katrine repeated. "Five, tell us who they are."