Chapter 4: Escape

Začať od začiatku

"you could have shushed your mouth you know. All this wouldn't have happened" he said looking compassionate but I avoided his eye cause the last thing I wished to do was let his words affect me.

" So you mean this is all my fault??" I questioned, wanting a reply but he didn't he just walked out on me. I entered the class and all the attention was on me until the door opened and all the students almost fainted in their seats. "did they see a ghost?" I thought looking back to see who I never even imagined would be here. A new student.

His look was familiar though. Although he was wearing a hoodie and had a face cap on and a pair of ripped jeans on. He didn't bother to introduce himself as the class shot him an amused look. Not bothered by their reaction, he got himself a seat which was right beside Marcos.

From where I stood, I could notice two men dress in black suits which I assumed were his bodyguards. After some seconds , I snapped into reality and I took my seat.

Marcos smiled at me but I shot him a glare. Our homeroom teacher entered and gestured him to come forward which he did reluctantly. He stood up and walked to the front of the classroom. The teacher whispered something into his hear which he shrugged as a reply then went back to seat down.

Soon after the teacher left the class and we were left to ourselves. All the girls were now trying their best to seduce him but instead he rested comfortably on his chair and plugged in his headphones. "Good for them" I thought immediately standing up to collect the class exercise that the teacher had just given to us. I was surprised when Marcos stood up with his book held tightly on his hand.

I feared this time that he was gonna place his on my head, instead he stretched his hand and collected the pile of books that was on my hands. He helped me carry it to the staff room.

When we were coming back, Marcos tried to trip me again and I escaped it cause I had learnt not to trust him. "Back then in the classroom, I was just teasing you and I didn't know you would take it that way " he said trying to look serious. "Well it wasn't fun to have a person pinching you when you are working "I said looking sternly at his face with anger plastered on my face.

"hey chill I know you had fun tho " he said not seeming bothered about how I looked. "am sorry" he said apologizing sincerely as I felt my body melt by his words. For once Marcos wasn't behaving like a douche.

Before I could start rejoicing I heard him say something but I didn't bother to process what he was talking about. I headed straight towards the classroom smiling as if I had just won a fifteen million dollars bet. The Almighty Marcos apologized??. Shayne is so gonna freak out when she hears this.

I plunked my butt right on my seat realizing that I had gotten to class just in time for the second period. It surprised me when I realized that the newcomer was also In my second class. Two thoughts came to my mind
Either he is stalking me which isn't possible because No One is into in a nerd

Or he has the same schedule as me. I settled for the second option because that was the only thing that seemed reasonable. Sitting right beside him, I knew that we are gonna see each other more often and the least I could do was be friendly. "hello " I said smiling as I stretched my hand out for a handshake but he shot me a glare instead.

Did he find a handshake offensive? I wondered. We are in the twentieth century. Who'll find an offense in shaking someone. I hissed and shook off my thoughts so that I could now fully concentrate on the work that was being written down on the board.

Second period, third period, the classes rolled quite quickly and before I knew It, it was already lunchtime.

Sitting at my usual seats with my friends, shayne and Becca, they started ranting on and on about what happened earlier. It was very obvious that they were trying to look out for me, but I didn't also like the fact that my food is getting cold now and I can't wait to start eating.

Few minutes later an announcement was made which made me end up running to the principals office."Catherine brine your attention is needed in the principals office "a familiar voice which i assumed to be the principal said and I sprinted towards his office.

When I got there, I took my seat and waited for the principal to start talking."The new boy"he said with a blank expression. My thoughts were everywhere. That word managed to make me smile. Did they realize that he has the same schedule as mine .

Good, I am tired of having to see that idiot everyday..
"You'll be his tutor" he said looking slightly worried that I might turn down his offer. I knew that being the smartest student in class I'll have to accept these kind of offer but that annoying boy? No thank you." Am sorry but I can't" I said feeling inconvenient with the tense conversation.

"your parents already gave their permission and more so he is a nice guy. I am very sure that you'll like to share your knowledge with another even if he is an annoying little brat" he said confirming every suspicion that I had. "I'll give it a try. How hard can it be " I finally replied sending a smile his way before leaving his office.

It was already past lunchtime by the time I got out. I went to my next class, thinking about what the principal told me before I shook off my thoughts and focused in class.

One hour, two hours, the time rolled and it was already closing time. I and my friends need to have a conversation today because of what happened to so they ended up in my house.

When we got to my room, the conversation started with the curious shayne who was now finding the silence awkward. They both bombarded me with questions before I calmed them down and started narrating how my day went.

By the time I was done, they couldn't close their mouth from shock. "Shayne Becca!! Are you here " I said waving my hands to snap them into reality. They just sat there stunned. After a few seconds they regained their senses and they jumped up as they teased me about Marcos falling in love with me. Three hours had passed now and they were ready to go home. After walking them down a few houses, I waved them goodbye and then headed to my house.

On getting home, I saw my mom waiting for me at the dining with her a mug of coffee held in her hands. By the look on her face,she was also curious. I went to the kitchen to get myself a mug of milkshake before joining her in the dining.

"so who is this newcomer you want to tutor" she said looking into my eyes trying to get me to talk. "just a rude boy" I stated as I took a sip from my milkshake. From the look she was giving me now, I knew she wasn't enjoying the way I am cutting the words short but nevertheless she replied me.

"hmm so it's a boy, are you sure you are okay with it" she said also taking a sip from her coffee. "It's fine mom" I said before continuing to narrate the rest of the story to her. By the time I was done, she was now satisfied and stood up from her seat. "You need to get some rest, dinner will be ready in a few minutes" she said ushering me towards the stairs . When I got to my room, I collapsed on my bed and started thinking about the whole scenario.

After a while, dinner was ready and after dinner I was now ready to go to bed. Taking a quick shower, I wore my pajamas and laid on the bed.

___________________________
What do you think? Is Marcos in love with cather ml?? Or did he realize that he had been so rude and decided to apologize?? You are gonna find out in the story but anyways comments your answers.....

Princess_pearls💖