Chapter 41

We already finished eating as the two siblings went to do their work. I was just walking around, trying to get some fresh air and to seek silence, not until i remembered something in thr back of my head which made me stop in the middle of the huge hallway.

I stepped back and finally turned around in full rotation. I headed back to my room. And here i stand in front of my door, i put my hand on tjr doorknob ever so slowly and twisted it open.

I swung the door open and took one step forward inside. Then, i looked out of the corner of my eye. Both left and right. No servants are in this floor, nor the siblings. They must still be quite occupied with wirk downstairs to even come up here yet.
That was a good sign to begin with.

I fully went inside my room and closed the door behind me, as i glided my hand to the middle of the doorknob and locked it. Making a 'click' sound effect.

I made eye contact with my drawer and began to walk forward as i reached my hand for the knob of the first drawer that was at the top. The drawer slid open as my eyes met with a folded piece of paper, which made me sigh in relief. Good thing that the siblings doesn't snoop around.

I reached for the folded piece of paper and made my other unoccupied hand close the drawer. My eyes, never leaving the piece of paper unattended, as if it was to vanish when i'll look away even in justa millisecond.

There was nothing but even more silence. Making me drown in the sound of thr air as it hit my body, making me shiver from the slight cold. After a final moment of the silence, i finally unfolded the piece if paper. It was like unfolding out the lies that was kept from me.

I gulped. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, making me ready for what's to come. I fluttered my eyes open and stared right back at the paper. Then, i began to read it.

My eyed lingered around the paper. There was different types of plans. Plan A, Plan B, Plan C. But they were mostly scratched out by the ink of the ball pen. I couldn't form any of the words, not even the single one because of how thick of the ink had layered become.

Then, i saw plan D. It was the only plan that was not scratched out.

Plan D:
• Learn more information about him
• Get her to safety as soon as possible

I stopped reading after the two few plans since the other ones were scratched out, just like the other plans. I couldn't help but think, who is her and him? Who is this person referring to? I shook my head slightly and returned back to the paper and began to read the other words that were not scratched out.

Overall Objectives
• Get her to safety
• A plan to stop him (further details would be in page 27)
• Be prepared for what's to come
• Don't kill him

Rules for Violet (A letter of a reminder)
Assassination is not part of this
• You can't snipe him
• Nor break his bones

It was the end of the letter. I lowered my hand and held a tight grip onto my dress at my lap. I i couldn't do anything but just stare right at the wall for a few good seconds.

I stood up and folded back the letter and put it inside my pocket. I went towards the door and unlocked it, as i swung it open and went out of my room.

I began to walk down the huge hallway, as to clear up my head and make myself feel distracted. Just then, j heard loud footsyeps coming towards me in front. I slowed down my phase until i finally just stood there, frozen.

I saw Leo come into view as he held a hideous grin on his face. He stood quite a distance from me, "Hello, my sweet (y/n)" Leo chuckle. I didn't answer and just stayed silent.

He came closer as he spoke softly, "Aren't you going to greet me with a kiss? Like a good wife should do?" His eyes darkened. I took a step back as i gulped. I didn't answer back, and just stayed silent once again.

Before i could even get the chance to run, he took my wrist and pulled me closer. His other hand made way to my chin and made me look up at him, squeezing my cheeks.

"Why won't you answer me?" He frowned. His frown suddenly turned into a smirk, "Naughty, naughty" he clicked his tongue. "I-i'm sorry..." I murmured. He leaned closer, "What was that (y/n)?" Leo asked.

I repeated the words again as he tighten his grip on my chin, making me ache. His other hand on my wrist began to dug under my skin, making blood trickle down my skin.

I began to tremble as tears ran down my face. We heard hurried footsteps behind us as strong hands suddenly got a hold onto Leo's wrist that was holding my chin. "Sir, enough." Simon said with a voice as ice as cold. Simon pulled away Leo's hand away from my chin as Leo let go of my wrist, making me stumble backwards.

Before i could even fall, a tight grip held onto me. I heard a growl coming from Leo, as he thundered away through the halls. I turned to Simon and saw a stoic expression, he looked rather cold.

I hugged him. The warmth of his body made me feel safe with him. I saw his hands beginning to move to wrap around my (w/s) waist, but before he could, he placed both of his hands on my shoulder blades and pushed me back.

The look on his face changed into a soft small smile. We begun to walk with silence, the only thing that was heard is our footsteps. "I'm sorry i couldn't make it sooner, miss (y/n)" he sigh. I looked at him and smiled, "Its fine."

We were in front of my room as we went inside. I sat down at the bed as he pulled up a chair in front of me, he put a medkit down at the bedside table and began to tend the wound that was still running with blood.

I looked at him and began to talk, "What's that letter about?" I asked. My question made him look up as he stopped wiping away the blood, "What?" He asked.

"Don't act dumb on me now. Tell me what the hell is going on," i reached for my other hand to my pocket and revealed the piece of paper, "With this." I finished.

He looked at it then retraced back to ny wounded wrist and proceeded to wipe away the blood, as he finished, he let the cotton ball fall down at the little trash bin beside him. He reached for the ointment. I growled at him and took his hand that was trying to reach for it.

It made him look back at me. I frowned once more, "Answer my question, please Simon." I plead, but he looked away from me. His grip on my wrist loosened as i reached to touch his cheek and made him look at me.

He looked flustered and pulled my hand away from his cheek. He stood up as i let go of his wrist. I stared as he turned his back to me and begun to walk back to the door. He touched the doorknob, "Simon, please don't shut me away. I need to know everything," i stood up and walked forward, "I know that you wrote this. Even if you deny it, i know that this is clearly your handwriting."

I plead once again. He looked at me, his hand not letting go of the doorknob, when i met his eyes, i could see a cloud of fear. And yet, his expression was still and undeniably expressionless.

"Come with me."