Chapter 31

7 months later
Graduation Day

Madalynn's P.O.V

Today's the day. Today is the day that I walk across the field, get my diploma, and say goodbye to high school.

I look at myself in the mirror- making sure my makeup and hair looks good before I leave to go to the school.

I take one final look, smiling at myself that I made it to this day.

"Mads, are you ready?" I hear my mom call out from downstairs.

"Yes I am. I'm coming." I tell her as I grab my phone and cap and gown then head downstairs.

I make it to the bottom of the stairs and she smiles, then proceeds to look at me.

"You look amazing sweetie." She says through a smile. "I'm so proud of you." She pulls me into a hug.

"Thanks mom." I smile and tightly hug her.

She pulls away and grabs her phone to take pictures of me.

"Can't forget this special moment." She wiggles her phone around as she looks at me.

"Say cheese!" She says with sarcasm laced in her voice, which actually, causes me to laugh.

I hear the camera shuttle as she takes pictures back to back.

"Okay but for real, smile instead of laugh." Mom tells me through her laugh.

I smile as she takes pictures.

"Put your cap on and make it seem like you're excited." She demands me through a smile, which, I do so.

I put the cap on and and push my hands in the air as I'm smiling.

"Perfect." She says as the camera shuttles.

"Okay." She looks at her phone. "It's 5:52. Graduation starts at 7 so let's go." My mom grabs her purse and puts her phone in there.

She walks to the door and opens it, allowing me to walk out first so she can lock the door.

I get to her car and get in- the spring heat that has warmed her car up causes me to get hot.

"Hurry mom! It's hot!" I say while leaning my body out of the car.

"I'm coming I'm coming." She says as she fast walks to the car.

She gets in, starts the car, turns the air on, plays music, and then we make our way to the school.

I couldn't help but think of the things that have happened over the past 7 months.

A lot of things have changed.

Grayson finally got over me 4 months after us breaking up.

I got over Grayson in 4 months, but I still feel the love for him deep down.

I haven't talked to Grayson since that incident at my house. I haven't tried, and I guess he hasn't either.

Ethan left my house and went back home after 2 months of staying with me after Grayson and I broke up but don't worry, we're still as close as can be.

Ethan would constantly tell me how Grayson still loves me and talks about me, which, I guess I could care less- and now, so can he.

Grayson went back to his old ways after he got over me which don't surprise me.

Rumors went around that Grayson got one of his flings pregnant, which, I have no idea if it was true but if it was then lol. Glad it wasn't me.

Lynzie stayed with Ethan and I for about 2 weeks and then her parents made her come home. Yet again, we're still as close as can be.