Chapter Five

"In the face of an overpowering mystery, one dare not disobey"

Chapter Five
Fate

Abigail

I remember reading this from my favorite book. It was very old.

My mother always told me I was too curious for my own good, and that I had wide doe eyes to match. I would often get into lots of trouble when I was younger with the wolves from my curiosity.

Though I disliked their nature towards humans, I envied them. Beautiful, graceful creatures- sometimes.
They didn't act so graceful all the time. But if you look closely, for the right ones and the right times it could be magnificent to watch the pack run.

They always told me to close my eyes.

"Close your eyes when we are shifting Abagail!"

The kids would scream at me when I was younger.

It was forbidden for a human to watch a werewolf shift.
But oh how was I so curious then.
I got into the most of trouble.

It seemed as if I was in an opposite position.
Because now here I was, with a king standing in front of me.

"You can open your eyes."

And how I wanted to open my eyes that much more with his gentle voice and his consent to look at him.

My breath hitched in my throat as I slowly took my hands away from my face.
I gulped slowly, and softly as if I'm cue, I opened my eyes and looked up.

There he was.
The power emitting off him in waves.

He wore a black cloak around himself, but inside he wore clothes that of a king would wear, only it was a bit different. Something more modern, more sorrowful.

And then I got to his face.
I took in a breath.

I had never seen such a face.

Chestnut brown curls and waves, so so soft. Stubble covering his face and partially his neck, and a chiseled jaw. Small circles under his eyes, and eyes bluer than I have ever seen in my whole life. They were almost glowing.
He had a silver scar that cut through his left eyebrow and went down his eye to the top of his cheek. His left eye was a lighter color blue than his right. He was half blind in one eye.

He was much taller than me. I had never seen such beauty in my life.

When I decided I looked at him for too long, I looked at my shoes, and kicked the air softly.

Alpha King Adrian Reagan

She was looking at me.

I had never been looked at like this before.
A mysterious miracle was standing right in front of me.

Her long dark hair cascaded in soft waves down her back. And her pink satin dress fit her sweet soft skin so nicely, though the bottom was shredded up.
She had soft, but intense defining features. Curves like I had never seen on a woman before. Her eyes were big and brown, with a speck of honey in between.

She was my mate.
Mate mate mate.

Wow. Ares said from inside of me.

I had never been this speechless in my life.

"What's your name?" I whispered.

"A-Abagail. Um- your highness?" She asked and bit her lip from smiling.
Because she smiled I tried not to smile as well.

"Do not be afraid." I said quietly. "I'm Alpha King Adrian Reagan. But you can just call me Adrian." I said back.

Her voice was like silk. I wanted to hear it again.

"You're my mate." I said once more.

She froze. Her eyes wouldn't leave the ground.

"We must go tell your parents. Before you come with me." I said with a small smile on my face.

"No." She stammered. Had I heard her correctly?