Chapter One

Chapter One
The Beginning

Long ago, before either the wolves or the humans had total power over the lands that rolled the Earth, there was peace.
Back when the werewolves were at their most primal state, only a few known to walk the earth, and when witches weren't extinct.
When Latin was the tongue of the land.

The king of the humans was a cold hearted man, who wore dark cloaks to cover his body, and a big silver crown to assure every species knew his name. King Rhen of the humans. He ruled the humans through mostly fear, and he was a vile selfish man.

During this time, the werewolves were primal creatures, and the witches were the nomads of the woods.
King Rhen hated the wolves and especially the witches, as he thought he was the superior species.

At the time, the witches had become a rare find as there was only one coven left standing from the mass genocide of King Rhen.

During this time, he had forced a woman to marry him. His first wife, Alexandria.
Alexandria was a kind soul, and the warmth of the world was filled in her eyes.

Rhen forced himself on her, and together they had 3 children, all boys. The first child was named Alexius Rhen as he was known to take next in line for the throne after his father.
The second child was named Adrian Regan, with the meaning of "dark king." And the third was named Sirius, after their mothers favorite star in the sky.

Alexius was just as cold and bitter as King Rhen, and knew he would live up to his fathers title.
Sirius was more interested in the science and nature of other species. Their father mistreated him dearly, and Alexandria had to take care of him.
After a couple years she fell into a deep sickness and died leaving the boys with the ruthless King.

And as for Adrian Regan, he didn't know where he stood.
He was a kind young man, with a beautiful soul. 

Since the three boys were kids, King Rhen promised the boys that when the time was right, he was to appoint the next king. It was his way of to torture them.

The kingdom knew his choice was Alexius, as he was a mirror image of the cold king. He wanted the same things that King Rhen did.
But Adrian wanted to restore peace into the land.
Sirius didn't care much about the title- and his father ashamed of this.

As the boys grew, so did the separation and mistreatment of the witches. The werewolves hid and grew packs in secret.
Adrian knew of the witches but he stayed away. Alexius grew hate for them like his father. And Sirius studied them with wide eyes.

One faithful night Adrian was walking past Sirius' laboratory, and found himself in awe with a girl in his room. She was smiling at Sirius and moving a book with her mind. She was a witch.

"Who is this?" Adrian asked slowly walking into the room. He could only stare at the girl. The young man was caught in awe by the beauty of her existence.

"I'm Victoria." She smiled.

Sirius pursed his lips as he had to find a way to tell Adrian that he was studying her abilities. Adrian vowed to keep her a secret.
From that night on, Adrian helped Victoria enter and leave the castle. As they got a bit older they soon fell in love.

Victoria became more powerful as Adrian became more confused with himself. Who was he to become? His father wouldn't appoint him king at all now if he knew he was in love with a witch.