Year 3 - Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs Finding the Traitor

Beginne am Anfang

Lupin was interrupted by the door opening again.

"Oh how touching..." Snape drawled out. "Such a shame that now two traitors are going to Askaban now."

"Now listen here, Snape."

"No, no Werewolf there may be a special cell just for you." 

"I'm sorry Professor I must do this I still don't have all the answers I want yet," Hermione said in an unemotional voice raised her wand quickly and threw him against the wall making his slump unconscious.

"MS. GRANGER!" Lupin yelled and Hermione pointed her wand at him.

"Now continue you two I really want to hear the rest of this...I want to know the truth about that traitorous night," Hermione smirked at them while Harry and Ron were still shocked that Hermione attacked a Professor.

Sirius Black stepped forward, "I like you girl anyway I had nothing to do with James's death. It was Peter Pettigrew and he's here right now in this very room."

Hermione quirked her eyebrow, "Isn't he dead?"

"That's what I thought until the newspaper I found him," Sirius said and Lupin jumped in, "And on Harry's map...the map never lies...Peter was there and he is alive."

"Then where is he," Hermione asked and Sirius grinned and pointed at Ron.

"ME! ARE YOU MAD!" Ron shouted holding Scabbers closer to him as the rat tried to wiggle away.

"NOT YOU BOY! THE RAT!" 

"This rat has been in my family for..."

"LET ME GUESS 13 YEARS! AND IT'S MISSING A TOE RIGHT!" Sirius yelled.

Hermione wasted no time and conjured up a jar from a piece of fallen wood from one of the boarded windows. She grabbed the rat and threw him in there and handed the jar to Lupin.

"Well, do the spell to change him back," Hermione pushed but Lupin hesitated.

"It just a jar and if it really is Pettegrew the jar will break in the transformation and if he gets a few cuts...then I doubt anyone would be complaining," Hermione stated plainly as she threw Sirius wand back at the man and he caught it.

"I really like you girl," Sirius smiled with his yellow teeth.

"I'm a Slytherin I just care about what it may get me in the end."

Sirius and Lupin nodded and pointed there wands at the rat that was trying to escape the jar and soon where the rat sat there was a man that was really rat-like and fat.

"Remus! Sirius! My old friends!" he tried running out the door after that but was pushed back by Lupin.

"How dare you after you killed those muggles and betrayed the Potters you should be dead. DEAD!" Sirius yelled.

"I-I didn't mean too" Peter cried.

"Let's kill him together!" Sirius said, but Harry stood up.

"NO! Don't kill him," Harry stood in front of the cowering man.

"Thank you, boy! Thank you!" he tried crawling up towards Harry.

Harry scowled, "We can give him to the dementors instead."

"Now for once Potter you make complete sense.  You get the real traitor his due and you can clear your godfather's name.  Now can we hurry this up someone here is kinda bleeding out." Hermione snapped and they nodded. Lupin grabbed Ron and help him up supporting him as they got out of the shack.

"Harry, can I speak to you?" Sirius questioned and Harry nodded. Knowing it would be private conversation Hermione levitated the unconscious Snape then led Peter out at wand point.

"If you even think about escaping I will curse you with a curse that will make you beg for mercy." The man cowered more. Hermione walked up to where Lupin and Ron were waiting with a Snape floating behind them.

With some time left Hermione couldn't help but taunt the man at wand point. "What do you think your soul being sucked out will fill like? I head that it is so painful that one wished for death like the cruciatus curse but worst."

Peter seemed to get more upset and Hermione grinned and looked up into the sky then noticed something.

"Professor? Did you take the potion tonight?" Hermione questioned Lupin who let go of Ron because he was in sudden pain.

"Damn it!" Hermione yelled then Harry and Sirius ran outside and knew what was going on. Sirius ran up to Lupin and grabbed him trying to pull him away from the children.

With everything going on Peter waved and turned back to a rat trying to getaway.

"Oh no, you don't!" Hermione yelled and quickly made a jar and threw herself onto of the rat quickly getting him in the jar. She closed the lid and spoke.

"Try and just transform I warded it to where any transformation that goes on in there the things or person's arms and legs will be ripped from the body.  Oh, and you'll live but it will be painful and you'll be nothing but useless." Hermione glared at the rat and turned back to the scene where there was now a werewolf standing before them ready to attack.

Snape woke up and noticed and threw himself in front of them while Sirius transformed and attack the werewolf where he left and jumped into the woods.  Sirius followed the werewolves.

"SIRIUS!" Harry yelled and started running after them in the woods.

"POTTER ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED!" Hermione yelled but it fell on deaf ears.

Snape turned to look at her, "Granger listen.  I have to go save that fool now get Weasley to the hospital wing and then get Dumbledore.  GOT IT!"

Hermione nodded and levitated Ron behind her as he sprinted towards the castle.

It took a while but she burst into the hospital wing and quickly threw Ron onto one of the beds and Madam Pomfrey was startled.

"What happened!" she yelled.

"No time to explain I have to get Dumbledore!"

Hermione sprinted across the castle and up the stairs she soon reached the staircase and it seemed to know her hurry and was already up to where she opened Dumbledore door where he was sitting.

"Professor Dumbledore," Hermione acknowledged.

"Now what are you doing here at this time of night Ms. Granger?"

"No time to explain yet, there may be a wolfie problem with Potter and a certain Black in the forset with a Snape following.  And there may be a need for the ministry to be here, too.  It may involve a certain jarred rat, too." Hermoine explained, but Dumbledore seemed to be a bit confused and nodded while going to his flew network.

"Now get to the hospital wing Ms. Granger we will know everything tomorrow morning," Dumbledore stated and dismissed her. Hermione left and got back to the hospital wing and found one of the cleaner looking beds and fell asleep on it. Ready to explain everything later as the rat kept trying to escape his prison.